Old farm buildings

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

The top photo is the winner here, I think.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@David_S85 said:

Thanks, David, for the visit. I've shot that same scene a number of times......from the same perspective because there's a concrete marker that I always stand by. It ranks in the top 1en of my personal all-time favorite barn shots.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

This is a closer shot on the main building in #1.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@David_S85 said:

I agree, wonderful shot.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

This is best of list I think! Bravo Tom!

@Juano said:

@David_S85 said:

I agree, wonderful shot.

@Stumblebum said:
    This is best of list I think! Bravo Tom!

Thanks, guys. As I sit here, I'm finalizing my agenda for the entire month of October that I spend stomping through the Appalachians. I'm including some new-to-me parts of Tennessee and Virginia that should yield a plethora of new material.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2021

Tom...

You have a wonderful knack of finding the most interesting pieces and parts of "Americana".

Numbers 3 and 5 are very architecturally interesting and visually artistic...really like these two.

Looking forward to seeing your October trip "finds!"

Keep them coming my friend.

edited August 17, 2021

Thanks, Al. One place I'm really interested in visiting is Harlan in Harlan County, KY. If you saw the TV series " Justified ", you can appreciate my interest. While the series was largely shot somewhere else, the opening scene was of Harlan and I'm anxious to see that view from a little park that they shot the scene from. Additionally, Harlan County is bursting at the seams with the kind of subjects that I chase after all through the Appalachians. In the history of bootlegged whiskey, more of that stuff flowed out of Harlan County than any other place. However, the practice of " moonshining " was prevalent throughout the Appalachians.