Should I change from Nikon D500 to Fujifilm?

Morgan8585Morgan8585 Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
Should I change from Nikon D500 to Fujifilm? Just take amateur photos of everything with two D500 bodies and lots of Nikon lenses but getting old and they are heavy. Is it worth going Fuji for lighter bodies and a couple of prime wide lenses instead, the lenses I really only use on the NIkon?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

The Nikon D500 is a fine camera, and there are third-party lenses which don't weigh as much as, say, the Nikkor Gold lenses. I still use my D7100 and D7200 and they are a bit lighter than the D500, so I can recommend them for saving a little weight. D7200 doesn't shoot quite as fast, but good enough for general photography.

I use a sling backpack with a waist belt, which helps to distribute weight onto my hips. I also use OP/TECH USA Pro Strap - 3/8" camera straps with a stretchy neoprene design that feels lighter than conventional straps, taking some stress off my back and shoulders.
    Highly recommend that strategy for people with back and joint issues.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • DeminimusDeminimus Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins

I went from a D300s to Fujifilm (xpro-1, xpro-2, then XT-3 and now XH-1) and it's a great system.

Shot with converted vintage lenses- my Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm 2.4 a favorite.

Now I shoot with the XH-1 and pancake 27mm which is a surprisingly capable street camera.