Is my sensor dying?

SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited January 28, 2006 in Cameras
Take a look at the purple cast on the left side of this photo. I bought my S1 pro from a professional that retired it and I've taken around 4000 shots since then. Is the sensor starting to deteriorate?

53364249-L.jpg

:dunno

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited January 28, 2006
    What lighting conditions existed when this photo was taken?
    Difficult to tell in that example. Have you taken a shot of a plain white wall?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    seems like a lens flare to me........
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    To me it just looks like the lighting. Maybe the white balance was off and it messed up the colors.ne_nau.gif
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • SCS_PhotoSCS_Photo Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Take a look at the purple cast on the left side of this photo. I bought my S1 pro from a professional that retired it and I've taken around 4000 shots since then. Is the sensor starting to deteriorate?

53364249-L.jpg

ne_nau.gif

Hmmm looks like Purple Banding. That shouldn't be caused by bad WB or Lense Flare... its not fringing & its a clear band.

I'd suggest you ask the folks over at the DPreview.com Canon Board if any of them have had 'Purple Banding' Issues with their S2 ISs.

One more question: Does it reproduce that band in all your photos since you first noticed it?
  • SteveLongPhotoSteveLongPhoto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    It's a Fuji S1Pro dSLR, not a Canon. It was new in 1999, so it's been around for a while. It was shot at 800 iso, incandescent WB. It doesn't show up all the time. Only in darker colors at the edge.