Rutilated Quartz

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited January 29, 2006 in Holy Macro
A small specimen of RUTILATED QUARTZ.
54150466-M.jpg
Comments always welcome.
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Interesting shot Scott. I'm going to move it on over to cool shots where I think you'll gte more feedback.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Oh Cool Shot
    Art Scott wrote:
    A small specimen of RUTILATED QUARTZ.

Comments always welcome.

Looks like it is all wrapt up does't it?
    So what does Rutilated mean? ne_nau.gif I have a little rock collection myself :D
    Do you have any other specimens? I'd like to see them if you do :D
    Nice shot......... yep looks like a nicely wrapt up parcel to me.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Love the complexity of the surface, Scott. What kind of background did you shoot it against? I wonder what it would look like with more light thrown on it, might get some highlights that would give it depth? ne_nau.gif

Made me look it up, thanks, I always enjoy learning.

"Rutilated quartz is transparent rock crystal with golden needles of rutile arrayed in patterns inside. Every pattern is different and some are breathtakingly beautiful. The inclusions are sometimes called Venus hair. "

Now that I know it's transparent, you could also have some fun with different backgrounds and lighting schemes which might emphasize its transparency.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Love the complexity of the surface, Scott. What kind of background did you shoot it against? I wonder what it would look like with more light thrown on it, might get some highlights that would give it depth? ne_nau.gif

Made me look it up, thanks, I always enjoy learning.

"Rutilated quartz is transparent rock crystal with golden needles of rutile arrayed in patterns inside. Every pattern is different and some are breathtakingly beautiful. The inclusions are sometimes called Venus hair. "

Now that I know it's transparent, you could also have some fun with different backgrounds and lighting schemes which might emphasize its transparency.

This was a blk muslin....this specimen is not greatly transparent as those are extremely expensive....I buy normally 7 specimens (or hunt them in nature if i can) for the 7 charkas and I use them with Reiki to balance the charkas......

HERE IS A 2nd shot on rosco textured gold foil and a heavy gaussian blur...

54177950-M.jpg
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited January 28, 2006
    Thanks of all the comments everyone....

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    I certainly find the gold much more appealing, really shows off the crystal well.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thanks again.

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Very nice texture on it !
    My bro also had a lot of rocks for geology study but Mom threw all of them before i could shot them :cry
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery