New rust " Colliding Continents "

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I can get lost in this! Initially I wanted one more color but then it grew on me and caused me to stare

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited October 23, 2021

I remember seeing something like that in front of me in the 1960's, but it wasn't real.

Good rust. Saturation is your friend.

EDIT: I just put on a pair of cyan/magenta 3-D glasses and looked at this again. It was more what I remember from the 60's that way.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    I can get lost in this! Initially I wanted one more color but then it grew on me and caused me to stare

I hear you, brother. I was able to generate a small section of dark green but it just didn't fit so I stayed with this image.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@David_S85 said:
    I remember seeing something like that in front of me in the 1960's, but it wasn't real.

Good rust. Saturation is your friend.

EDIT: I just put on a pair of cyan/magenta 3-D glasses and looked at this again. It was more what I remember from the 60's that way.

Hey, David. I wish I had a pair of those glasses. A couple of buddies and myself tried to get to Woodstock....never got really close. However, the paint job we had on that old VW van got a lot of attention.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wow, this does have to look of one of those posters from the late 60s. I was transfixed, then and now. And now I don't need any questionable substances to enhance my transfixion. :smiley: It's blinding - in a good way.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good rust fix!

@sarasphotos said:
    Wow, this does have to look of one of those posters from the late 60s. I was transfixed, then and now. And now I don't need any questionable substances to enhance my transfixion. :smiley: It's blinding - in a good way.

Hey, Sara. I must have been subject to some subliminal forces while working on this one......like something from the past working on me. Could be the 60's coming back to haunt me for being wild and reckless.

@Juano said:
    Good rust fix!

Thanks, Cristóbal.

edited October 23, 2021

It's rare I can show you my " target ", as I call them, when looking for rust shot candidates. If you look at my WHOA!!!!!! posting, look at the second image and at the large spot on the roof of the car near where the skeleton at the top has placed his right hand. Boy, that's a mouthful. Ordinarily, I wouldn't give that area any attention. Didn't think it offered much to work with. But experience has shown me that surprises lurk when working with rust. So I grabbed a bottle of the rust elixir and went at it.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Bring back the 60's 70's and part of the 80's!!

Tom, you are making all of us reminisce about days of future past.

Lovely and creative image.

Again, amazing rust work!

@El Gato said:
    Bring back the 60's 70's and part of the 80's!!

Tom, you are making all of us reminisce about days of future past.

Lovely and creative image.

Again, amazing rust work!

Thanks, buddy.

I'm no gluttonous piggy. If I could go back and just cherry-pick the 60s 70s and, yea, some 80s, I'd be in hog heaven.