St. Joe Lead Company - Federal Mill No. 3 (set #2)

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

The following images are a continuation of my earlier post and my series on the St. Joe Lead Company - Federal Mill No. 3.

This set is the rail line which transects the mill and property. I opted to stay focused on smaller pieces of this rail line. Pieces that to me, were representative of the history of the mill and the early era in which it operated. C&C always welcomed!!

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2021

Wow. That's a really great set, Al. I love your subject selection. Your processing is just so right, as usual. And, again, your presentation of the work is fantastic.....something at which you really excel in doing.

I knew from the first shot that this was going to be a good ride.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Thank you for your comments, very much appreciated!

This is proving to be an interesting project...time consuming but, interesting and relaxing.

Work on the third set progresses.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I really like the BW conversion, spot on. From a composition perspective I prefer 1 and 4, I feel that 2 is a bit flat and 3 is too tight.

Great subject!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks, Cristóbal. I am working hard on getting the B&W conversion to click just right.

Have to agree, #3 is a bit too tight.

I wanted to focus in on the Carnegie name, as significant to the railroad era and central theme to this set. Guess I did get a little too close on this one. Looking at the original (without the tighter crop) and unfortunately there is just more railroad tie to either side. I suspect, however, expanding out to both sides may have made the image "less tight" and still provided balance overall.

I appreciate your comments, Cristóbal. Thanks.