Options

St. Joe Lead Company - Federal Mill No. 3 (set #4)

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Continuing with my work on a photo documentary of the St. Joe Lead Company - Federal Mill No. 3, here is set #4. I was able to work on these over the holidays. More work on the documentary looms ahead but, so does the daytime job so set #5 may take a bit longer.

This one is a diversion from my B&W treatment. The image just "spoke" to me while working on the post-processing, so I thought what the heck. There may be one or two folks out there that appreciate a little bit of rust!

A B&W version will be produced to include in the final set of photos. I am toying with the idea of writing a short book on the mine and area. Selected images from these sets might make a nice addition.

C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins

Interesting project, and some great photos! I do love the colors in the last photo, it really fits.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

@moose135 said:
    Interesting project, and some great photos! I do love the colors in the last photo, it really fits.

John is right. Another batch of great photos. I, too, like the color in #3. I doubt that this image will appear as dynamic when presented in B&W. It will be interesting to see. The colors of the rust really elevate this image.......well, with my known proclivities, what else could I say.

The repeated excellence in presentation of your work is just absolutely outstanding. Take a bow, brother.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Gato, I agree with Tom on the last shot, it is one to let the saturation, hue and luminance go wild!

I really like the bw conversion on the other two, although I would favor simpler framing on both.

Great set.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

John, Tom, Cristóbal....

Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated!

I just might leave the third image "as is." I agree that something might be lost in a pure B&W presentation.

Thanks again, I truly do appreciate everyone's comments.