Options

Sharing galleries within private folder

IvosIvos Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins

Good evening, I have wedding photos I need to upload for a client and wanted to do so via the private sharing method. I've separated the photos into three categories Bride Makeup/Hair, Ceremony, and Reception. I created a Private folder that produced a unique link and required password to access. I then created 3 separate galleries, for my above categories, within this password protected folder however, when I test the folder link I do not see the galleries? I've gone over both folder settings and gallery settings but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

Did you follow this help page?
    https://www.smugmughelp.com/en/articles/407-share-photos-privately-with-only-people-i-choose

Or did you set the visibility to Private?
    If you set the visibility to Private it will be visible only to you. You need to use the Access setting as noted in the help page I linked above.

If you have the galleries set to Visibility Public or Unlisted and the Access set to People I Choose then I recommend you contact the help desk directly,
    https://www.smugmughelp.com/en/articles/309-contact-a-smugmug-support-hero

• Options
    IvosIvos Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins

Hi denisegoldberg, thanks for your comment. I clicked on the link you provided however, this link guides you through sharing galleries through the "People I choose" method which, from my understanding, makes the user create a SmugMug account. I have found that clients don't like taking this extra step to get to their photos and is why I use the method of creating a password protected link to give them access without having to create a SmugMug account. I tried once again to create a Folder with Visibility set to Unlisted (Anyone with the link) and Access set to People with Password. I then dragged two of my galleries and dropped them into the folder (both Visibility = Public, Access = Anyone). Tested out the link and galleries still don't appear. I may need to contact the help desk. Thanks!

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

Ah, it's because the folder and galleries are unlisted.

Any unlisted galleries need to be specified with the full gallery URL. They won't show in a folder.

The People I Choose method does require that they set up a SmugMug user to sign in with. There is no charge for this.

• Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

As Denise mentioned, if you have an Unlisted folder, with galleries within it, they will inherit the unlisted privacy of the parent folder. This means they will be invisible to the recipient. To fix this, keep the parent folder set up as Unlisted with a password, but make the galleries public. They will still inherit the password from the folder, but when the folder link is sent, the galleries will be visible once the password is entered. They will be invisible to others though without the link from the folder and the password.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero