Winter Walks in Tyrol

sarasphotossarasphotos Major grinsAugsburg, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 3,416 Major grins
edited January 26, 2022 in Landscapes

Last week we took a winter getaway to St. Ulrich in Pillersee in Tyrol, Austria, which is more or less 3 hours away from us depending on traffic conditions. Every day I took walks while my husband went cross country skiing, then we met up for tea and treats in the afternoon. Here are a few of the many I shot during the week.

1) Dry winter riverbed

2) & 3) From the balcony of our hotel room

4) Pillersee looking towards St. Ulrich

5) Snowy trail

6), 7) & 8) We waited for the best weather to visit the scenic outlook at the top of a local ski lift.

9) On the day we left there was a snow storm

10) Selfie - found a tree stump where I could prop the camera

Enjoy! Feedback welcome.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Major grins North Andover, MAAdministrators Posts: 13,769 moderator

What a beautiful place, great photos!

My favorite is # 2, love the layers of mountains and clouds.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 3,416 Major grins

@denisegoldberg said:
    What a beautiful place, great photos!

My favorite is # 2, love the layers of mountains and clouds.

Thanks Denise! It was indeed lovely - I'd never been to this lake before and I was pleasantly surprised. Now I'm hoping to go back for bike riding in the spring or summer.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,609 Major grins

Hey Sara, looks like a great trip! Nice shots.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 3,416 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Hey Sara, looks like a great trip! Nice shots.

Hi Cristóbal, thanks for dropping by. We had a lovely time, although in spite of the long walks every day I have just managed to drop the kilo I put on. The tasty 4-course dinner every evening was included at the hotel...

• kdogkdog artistically challenged San Jose, CAAdministrators Posts: 11,676 moderator

Gorgeous set, Sara. I've got to say that #9 really stands out to me! And of course a selfie really takes guts. :D

• black mambablack mamba Major grins Jacksonville, FLRegistered Users Posts: 7,999 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2022

Beautiful work, Sara. As you know, gal, I really appreciate these trips you take me on.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@kdog said:
    Gorgeous set, Sara. I've got to say that #9 really stands out to me! And of course a selfie really takes guts. :D

@black mamba said:
    Beautiful work, Sara. As you know, gal, I really appreciate these trips you take me on.

Joel, Tom, thanks for the kind words.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Major grins In the sticks, NE of SeattleRegistered Users Posts: 1,319 Major grins

A very nice set of images. They are all great captures, but #9 is outstanding. There is a lot of beautiful country in that area!

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!