Options

The " blob " is coming after you.

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

So cool , I love the colors and the texture, it feels like it is slowly moving

• Options
    edited February 13, 2022

Thanks, Gabe.

The following shot is of a baby blob. It's only about 25 - 30 feet tall and is just commencing to gobbling up its surroundings.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow Tom! Blown away by last one! Just hits you like ton of rock!

• Options

I hear that, brother. Amen. Blew me away as well.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,181 moderator

"The blob hits your eye like a big pizza pie..."

Love that sulpher smell. Was it hot there where you were standing?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options

@David_S85 said:
    "The blob hits your eye like a big pizza pie..."

Love that sulpher smell. Was it hot there where you were standing?

You would have been in hog heaven here, David. The sulphur smell was quite pronounced.. I wasn't aware of any heat coming off this thing. It was a cold-ass day and I was bundled up appropriately. I think my face, though, would have picked up any heat and I don't remember that it did.

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Great captures Tom, wonderful textures and colors. When did you visit Yellowstone?

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options

@roaddog52 said:
    Great captures Tom, wonderful textures and colors. When did you visit Yellowstone?

It's sure great to hear from you, Phil. I've been wondering what you are up to these days, I spent two weeks in the Yellowstone area four years ago and then again two years ago. I just found a misplaced camera card from the last trip that had these images on it. I've been trying to structure another trip out there for next year but if I can't pull that off during the first two weeks after the park opens, I won't go. Once the hoards of folks show up there, the fun factor fades rapidly. I hope you are doing well, buddy.

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Last year was a bit tumultuous. Family, Covid, completing the final collection of A.P.s, and paying taxes for the closing of our company! We did manage to get out on the road for a fall rip, but my camera went on the fritz almost immediately but I did have my trusty cell phone and will post some images soon. I understand your feelings regarding the hoards, we avoid the summer season also. Our favorite time is late
    September early October.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

"I love the smell of sulphur in the morning!"

Tom....

Very interesting images and presentation of same.

Had you not been in Yellowstone one could see similar sights in ice fields and glacier flows. The colors are intriguing as well.

Glad you found that misplaced camera card and were able to post these.

• Options
    edited March 5, 2022

" I love the smell of sulphur in the morning " .

I don't know why but that quote makes me think of a quote issued by Robert Duval in the movie 'Apocalypse Now'.........".I love the smell of napalm in the morning ".

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Hi Tom.....

Correct...you got my reference...spot on!