RESULTS: Mini Challenge #331: Bold and Bright--Colors of My World

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins

There weren't very many entries in this mini, but I loved every single one of the images submitted so it was still a hard choice!

This ended up being a very rough week, so I'm getting these results a little later than I wanted.

GrandmaR: Your Parade Float entry just rocks. I love the colors and the comp and that was a great way to get this mini started.
Pegelli: Nice bold colors on all of yours. Who doesn't love M&M's and that wonderful colorful bird? I think my favorite of yours is the wildflowers though. I especially love that you got a bee in the pink one. I love pink cosmos, but I can only get the yellow and orange ones to grow in my yard.
LexingtonAlarm: Boats at High Tide is awesome. That really drove out the winter blahs! I love the colors of the various boats, plus it looked like a warm day. :)
sarasphotos: All three of yours are really nice. I love the colors in the stained glass and sunset, but I think Botanic Gardens is my favorite. The glass ball with the reflections really set off a nice scene.
bfluegie: Reflecting pool is a beautiful shot and I would really love to visit that place. I totally love the colors in the Tulips though. That's a perfect color pop for a gray winter day.

Honorable Mentions:
Pegelli - Wildflowers
sarasphotos - Botanic Gardens

3rd Place - bfluegie - Tulips
2nd Place - GrandmaR - Parade Float
1st Place - LexingtonAlarm - Boats at High Tide

Toby, I now pass the baton to you to run the next mini.

Congratulations to all and thank you for participating.

Sherry P.

Comments

• GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,728 Major grins

Congratulations to all.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Congrats to all!

@LexingtonAlarm, looking forward to seeing the next challenge!

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

Thank you for running this mini. I'm glad you liked my van in the parade. I don't usually do that much editing to a photo. Congratualtions to Lexington Alarm - that was one of my favorites too.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@slpollett Sherry, thanks for the HM and the good challenge. Congrats to @LexingtonAlarm and the other winners.

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Thanks for running a good challenge, Sherry. The pops of color definitely were welcome during the snowy weather. Congrats to @LexingtonAlarm for first place and @grandmaR for second and @sarasphotos and @pegelli for the HMs.

~~Barbara
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

Sherry, I want to add my thanks for this mini. I enjoyed seeing the colorful entries and was sorry that I was unable to participate this time.

Congratulations to @LexingtonAlarm on his first place! And congrats to @grandmaR and @bfuegie for second and third place and to @sarasphotos and @pegelli for honorable mentions.

• LexingtonAlarmLexingtonAlarm Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins

@slpollett said:
    There weren't very many entries in this mini, but I loved every single one of the images submitted so it was still a hard choice!

This ended up being a very rough week, so I'm getting these results a little later than I wanted.

GrandmaR: Your Parade Float entry just rocks. I love the colors and the comp and that was a great way to get this mini started.
    Pegelli: Nice bold colors on all of yours. Who doesn't love M&M's and that wonderful colorful bird? I think my favorite of yours is the wildflowers though. I especially love that you got a bee in the pink one. I love pink cosmos, but I can only get the yellow and orange ones to grow in my yard.
    LexingtonAlarm: Boats at High Tide is awesome. That really drove out the winter blahs! I love the colors of the various boats, plus it looked like a warm day. :)
    sarasphotos: All three of yours are really nice. I love the colors in the stained glass and sunset, but I think Botanic Gardens is my favorite. The glass ball with the reflections really set off a nice scene.
    bfluegie: Reflecting pool is a beautiful shot and I would really love to visit that place. I totally love the colors in the Tulips though. That's a perfect color pop for a gray winter day.

Honorable Mentions:
    Pegelli - Wildflowers
    sarasphotos - Botanic Gardens

3rd Place - bfluegie - Tulips
    2nd Place - GrandmaR - Parade Float
    1st Place - LexingtonAlarm - Boats at High Tide

Toby, I now pass the baton to you to run the next mini.

Congratulations to all and thank you for participating.

Sherry P.

Hi Sherry.. thank you for the 1st place . I really liked the entries

I will post the next challenge shortly

Toby

• LexingtonAlarmLexingtonAlarm Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2022

Thanks to Sherry and all who participated. And for selecting my photo of boats in St. Ives. I will post a new challenge today Feb 21 and let it run for two weeks until Monday March March 8th

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Congratulations to @LexingtonAlarm for first place and also to @grandmaR and @bfuegie for second and third place and @sarasphotos for her honorable mention.

And thanks Sherry for running a colourful mini in these grey times and all the comments and I'm honoured by your HM on one of my entries.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug