Some beautiful cars

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited March 12, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

This car is a 1959 BMW 507. They only made 232 of this model car. It was launched at a time when BMW was struggling a bit. Projected at a buyer cost of a little over $5,000, BMW had to raise it's delivery price to over $10,000. Even then, the company lost money on every one of the model 507 sales. This misstep darn near bankrupted BMW. One of these cars recently sold for over $1,000,000.

1 )

2 )

1964 Aston Martin DB 5

3 )

4 )

1971 Maserati Ghibli

5 )

6 )

1937 Delahaye 135 M Competition

7 )

8 )

Wouldn't you love to own this pair. They're both Mercedes 300 SL convertibles. One has the optional hard roof, the other doesn't.

9 )

10 )

11 )

12 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Pretty cars indeed Tom! Last shot is amazing!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Thanks, buddy. In 1971, I had the opportunity to purchase a Mercedes 300 SL " Gullwing " for $10,000. At the time, I was deep into some commercial property development and didn't have the funds to spare for a "hobby" car. Damn shame. That very car sold in the collector car market around 2001 or 2002 for $1,200,000. They say you can't cry over spilled milk but there's no rule that says you can't go green around the gills when you realize what got away from you.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice set, Tom, and I love the Maserati.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@willard3 said:
    Nice set, Tom, and I love the Maserati.

Thanks, Will. I circled that Maserati 3 or 4 times during the day, hoping I could catch it with the hood closed....never did. It is a stunning looking car.