Abstract from my hotel window

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited April 3, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

It's a bit hard to explain how I got here but the origin is a blurry photo from my hotel window. Thoughts?

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2022

Man, I really like this. The window framing gives great structure to balance out the abstract view of the city. Great combination of ingredients. I would consider dropping the object at the bottom. A winner here, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Man, I really like this. The window framing gives great structure to balance out the abstract view of the city. Great combination of ingredients. I would consider dropping the object at the bottom. A winner here, buddy.

Thanks Tom, I wondered about the bottom object too. I will give it a try cropping it.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal....

Beautiful, colorful and artistic. Again another great example of your "eye" for the shot.

If you do consider some post processing, rather than cropping the object at the bottom, which may disrupt the frame and overall balance, IMHO, my suggestion would be to attempt using PS's Content-Aware Fill option. This feature will fill the selected workspace area and seamlessly fill the selected portions of an image with content sampled from other parts of the image. Thus, removing the object yet saving the visual balance of the surrounding frame. Just a suggestion, again, if you are considering post-processing options.

Very well done!! 👍🏼

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@El Gato said:
    Cristóbal....

Beautiful, colorful and artistic. Again another great example of your "eye" for the shot.

If you do consider some post processing, rather than cropping the object at the bottom, which may disrupt the frame and overall balance, IMHO, my suggestion would be to attempt using PS's Content-Aware Fill option. This feature will fill the selected workspace area and seamlessly fill the selected portions of an image with content sampled from other parts of the image. Thus, removing the object yet saving the visual balance of the surrounding frame. Just a suggestion, again, if you are considering post-processing options.

Very well done!! 👍🏼

Thanks Gato, I often use that feature in PS it is pretty awesome.