A few stream shots

CornflakeCornflake Major grinsArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 3,198 Major grins

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum I shoot, therefore I am San Jose, CARegistered Users Posts: 8,389 Major grins

Brilliant! Beauitful!

• CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 3,198 Major grins

Thanks, Taz.

• David_S85David_S85 Spotter of Dgrin Spam and Oddities ChicagolandAdministrators Posts: 12,898 moderator

Another beautiful set. Love the first shot of the trees.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • CornflakeCornflake Major grins ArizonaRegistered Users Posts: 3,198 Major grins

Thanks, David.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Major grins Augsburg, GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 3,416 Major grins

Wow Don, the 2nd and 3rd shots are just mesmerizing.

Thanks, Sara. Although I've photographed streams for many years. until recently I'd never really looked at all the possibilities offered by the moving water.

• JuanoJuano Major grins Lima, PeruRegistered Users Posts: 4,609 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:
    Wow Don, the 2nd and 3rd shots are just mesmerizing.

I agree !

Cristobal, thanks.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Still learnin'still lovin Super Moderators Posts: 22,490 moderator

What a colorful cacophony of carefully crafted captures. Not a clinker in the clutch!!

Seriously, #2 is totally unique. Never seen anything like it. The subtle textures and cradling composition are a true joy. Stupendous and cosmic.

How did you ever spot it in the first place?

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

ziggy, I was pleased as punch as I perused your perceptive plaudits. :) Thanks.

The afternoon I took that I spent a lot of time looking carefully at a small section of the stream. I kept noticing and photographing new details (with a telephoto lens). I remember that with this shot, I thought it was interesting but I had my doubts about whether it would work as a photograph.

• El GatoEl Gato Global Trekker Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins

Don...

Great set of images.

Thank you for demonstrating how patience, an alternative perspective and creativity work to produce art derived from some of the most basic and simplest elements in nature.

Well done.

Thanks, Gato. Patience comes hard for me but when I can do it I get better results.