More "soul " cars

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited April 15, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

1 ) 1929 Duesenberg J-108

2 ) 1928 Marmon series " 78 " rumble seat roadster.....commonly referred to as the Marmon Indy as it was the pace car for the Indy race.

3 ) 1934 Duesenberg Durham Tourster

4 ) 1934 Duesenberg J Brunn Rivera Phaeton

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

These are awesome! Again, got better and better!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great cars and shots!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    These are awesome! Again, got better and better!

Thanks, brother.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@Juano said:
    Great cars and shots!

Many thanks, my friend.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Wow, these are beauts, Tom! Both the cars and the shots.

Thanks, Sara. The closer you get to these Duesenbergs and the more you focus on the smaller details, it really comes home that these cars are truly marvels of mechanical works of art.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

I was going to type "This is a doozy of a thread" but I just learned that the origin of the phrase is a bit older than the cars. Nevertheless... Yes, absolute works of art. I'd love to see any of these close-up.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Thanks for the visit, David. Even many car folks don't know that the Duesenberg brothers got their start producing race cars before they moved on to luxury autos. Those two guys possessed a degree of mechanical engineering, along with their sense of styling, that truly set them apart from any competition. I have some shots of their early race cars that I'll post soon.