Options

Nikon d3300 firmware update issue.

Nikond3300Nikond3300 Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
I recently updated nikon d3300's firmware to C - 1.02 and L - 2.018. After updating the firmware, image quality is really bad and grainy. I then found older version C - 1.01 and L - 2.05. And with this firmware it is still having the same problem I mentioned above. But, with the stock firmware which came with the camera was C - 1.00 L - 2.02, I never had image quality issues.

If anyone could help me with link where I can find C - 1.00 L - 2.02, this would be great help.

With thanks.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
  • Options
    > @denisegoldberg said:
    > Have you tried contacting Nikon support?
    > https://www.nikonusa.com/en/service-and-support/index.page

Thank you first of all for the answer. I did contacted them but they don't give any options to provide older versions.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,797 moderator

The "L" Firmware only relates to lens data, and should not affect the symptoms you describe.
    Camera manufacturers generally don't provide the first generation firmware to the public, because the first generation firmware generally has limitations and bugs.

The first thing I suggest you try is resetting your camera. Use the process described at the following link:
    https://techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-factory-reset-a-nikon-d3300-camera-11039

Basically, you need to reset both the "Shooting Menu" and the "Setup Options".
    If you have an English Reference manual, check out pages 224 and 233 for Reset information.
    If you don't have an English Reference manual, you can get a PDF copy here:
    https://download.nikonimglib.com/archive2/E7vrv00ZwHJt02sHgtZ15XIHOb30/D3300RM_(En)03.pdf

If you've been having problems with your camera not keeping Date and Time, the internal CMOS Battery may have failed and I don't think it is a user replaceable item. In this case, you need to send the body to a Canon service center (which may get expensive because they have to open the camera) or it may be time to replace the camera itself.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2022
    > @ziggy53 said:
    > The "L" Firmware only relates to lens data, and should not affect the symptoms you describe.
    > Camera manufacturers generally don't provide the first generation firmware to the public, because the first generation firmware generally has limitations and bugs.
    >
    > The first thing I suggest you try is resetting your camera. Use the process described at the following link:
    > https://techsolutions.support.com/how-to/how-to-factory-reset-a-nikon-d3300-camera-11039
    >
    > Basically, you need to reset both the "Shooting Menu" and the "Setup Options".
    > If you have an English Reference manual, check out pages 224 and 233 for Reset information.
    > If you don't have an English Reference manual, you can get a PDF copy here:
    > https://download.nikonimglib.com/archive2/E7vrv00ZwHJt02sHgtZ15XIHOb30/D3300RM_(En)03.pdf
    >
    > If you've been having problems with your camera not keeping Date and Time, the internal CMOS Battery may have failed and I don't think it is a user replaceable item. In this case, you need to send the body to a Canon service center (which may get expensive because they have to open the camera) or it may be time to replace the camera itself.
    ‐--------------------------
    ---------------------------
    Thank you first of all. I did a reset both. But, still the problem exists. In one forum, I read a person from brazil had this issue and he was able to get his camera working perfectly after a downgrade to C - 1.00.

Time and date is working right.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,797 moderator

Good on you for persisting with your problem. 😀

I would ask the photographer in Brazil where they obtained the working firmware. Knowing their path to success could lead you to a similar solution.

If you purchased your camera outside of the world region in which you live, you may need to seek firmware from the camera's original world region. Some camera ROMs are regionalized and require matching region firmware to work properly.

Just really trying to think of all possibilities relating to the problem.

Best of luck!

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options

@ziggy53 said:
    Good on you for persisting with your problem. 😀

I would ask the photographer in Brazil where they obtained the working firmware. Knowing their path to success could lead you to a similar solution.

If you purchased your camera outside of the world region in which you live, you may need to seek firmware from the camera's original world region. Some camera ROMs are regionalized and require matching region firmware to work properly.

Just really trying to think of all possibilities relating to the problem.

Best of luck!

Thank you again, this camera was bought second hand from a guy brought it from dubai. But, it was actually a brand new, because he brought it for personal use but he also brought a nikon d750 and he didn't use that nikon d3300 even for a single shot as he started to use that nikon d750.