Sewing machine a tradition

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 30, 2006 in Holy Macro
It is a tradition to give a sewing machine to daughters at time of their marriage no matter what is financial position of her husband. This could be a time pass in new home or business I know many people who lost their father in very little age and their mother brought them up by sewing cloths of women of neighborhood it is very appropriate business for a women in Pakistan. The picture of above machine is my Mother’s gift of marriage about 20 years old
54200268-L.jpg
PS for b&w and put a cloth in sewing process for sense of motion
see exif for image details :thumb
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    very sweet photo. almost looks like smoke where the cloth wasthumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Nice
    They sure don't make them like that anymore here in the US. For awhile I had my grandmother's old Singer sewing machine, but it wasn't as fancy as yours pictured.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thanks
    It is a singer :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    and a beautiful one at that! wow...

Thanks
    It is a singer :D
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
    edited January 29, 2006
    Dani wrote:
    and a beautiful one at that! wow...
    Thanks Dani :D

My Gallery
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    I thought it might be a Singer. The older ones are just beautiful and you captured the beauty. I agree with Daniel the fabric looks like smoke, super nicethumb.gif
    edited January 29, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    I thought it might be a Singer. The older ones are just beautiful and you captured the beauty. I agree with Daniel the fabric looks like smoke, super nicethumb.gif

Thanks Thusie clap.gif

My Gallery
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Howdy Awais
    Howdy Awais,

Very nicely done, I really like the details and tones, just a tad too dark for me I feel some of the finer details might be getting lost but that is just my take on it, and I think best of all I like the story that ties it all together.

Thanks for sharing!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited January 30, 2006
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Awais,

Very nicely done, I really like the details and tones, just a tad too dark for me I feel some of the finer details might be getting lost but that is just my take on it, and I think best of all I like the story that ties it all together.

Thanks for sharing!
    Hello Panther !
    Thanks for looking and comments
    my computer monitor has brightness issue ! may be thats a problem but i will look into it next time thumb.gif

My Gallery