Mini Challenge #336: Silhouettes or Stongly Backlit Photos that are NOT Sunsets
Sorry I don't have a catchy title this time..
In 2012, there was a mini where I thought that the object of the mini was as in the title.. And there was another one recently where I thought the idea was that background be basically featureless. A blank slate behind the object photographed. But in the 2012 mini, most people entered sunsets and eventually a sunset won. So I'm going back to that concept. Sunsets are the easy option for getting a silhouette. This time, I want something where the main object of the photo is in deep shadow. WIthout a lot of pretty colors in the background. While some of these are black and white, I really prefer to have tinges of color
Mini will run until May 31st - 8 pm EDT
I don't have a lot of photos that meet this criteria so I am hoping that you will surprise me
This is one which I call - The photo that proves I have a hole in my head (It's a selfie with the camera lense reflected in the mirror)
Backlit Hatteras Lighthouse
Birds against the sky are always a good option
An airpland model edited to look like it is flying
Tree against a waterfall rainbow
Gulls following the Sumter ferry
Tall ship in the Potomac
Barn cats warming in the winter sun
- Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post.
- Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
- Also try and resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (~800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
- Give each image you enter a title.
- Enjoy discussion with members about their images, don't let this just be an entry thread!
- When quoting a post change the IMG urls to a 200x200 size picture so it is clear your post is feedback and not another entry. (see here for help)
- Don't be hesitant, share'em and enter!