iPhoto Question

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 28, 2006 in Finishing School
This came by email - can anyone help? :ear
Anonymous wrote:
How do you resize photos in iPhoto? Like a 6mpx photo, down to 1280px max on the long side?

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    This came by email - can anyone help? ear.gif

There's usually no reason to do this. You order prints, print at home, make a web page, send an email, for all these things scaling is done by the app.

If you want to you can export a file, under Share>Export, and then you can set the dimensions of the image.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    She wants to upload to SmugMug, smaller files. Due to a slower connection.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    No need to resize in iPhoto. PictureSync will resize as you upload, and don't at least some of the smugmug uploaders do the same? No sense in resizing locally, I figure. Have your uploader do it for you, and then you don't need to be bothered with small, useless files sitting around clogging up the works.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • xericjeanxericjean Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 28, 2006
    Thanks
    DavidTO wrote:
    No need to resize in iPhoto. PictureSync will resize as you upload, and don't at least some of the smugmug uploaders do the same? No sense in resizing locally, I figure. Have your uploader do it for you, and then you don't need to be bothered with small, useless files sitting around clogging up the works.

Thanks for the info. I've lurked a bit (just joined last week), but I've never registered for anything like this before. I joined so that I could tell you both that I appreciate the speed of your response and the knowledge behind it. I'm going to mess around with PictureSync and see what happens...

xericjean