Kansas thunderhead

Wade DWade D Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited January 29, 2006 in Holy Macro
This one is small compared to some others I have seen ,but I thought it looked cool

54206645-L.jpg

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    fantastic photoclap.gif

i love the Thunderheads and ominous stormfronts we get here in Kansas. makes for some Dramatic IR's as you've shown here.

what part are you in? we should go shooting sometimethumb.gif

Daniel
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Wade DWade D Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    fantastic photoclap.gif

i love the Thunderheads and ominous stormfronts we get here in Kansas. makes for some Dramatic IR's as you've shown here.

what part are you in? we should go shooting sometimethumb.gif

Daniel

thanks, I am in Derby
  • nokout3839nokout3839 Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Small????
    Wade D wrote:
    This one is small compared to some others I have seen ,but I thought it looked cool

This is small? That looks huge, cant wait to see a big one then.

Cheers

All care but no responsibility

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    That Looks Mean
    Wade D wrote:

Excellent Shot! looks rather a nasty storm cloud doesn't it eek7.gif
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Great shot, Wade.........Nokout....if they are bigger they usually turn into tornados (f3 to 5's are not uncommon...just like in twister) in this part of Ks.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Very cool shot, Art. Getting the trees and houses in the foreground is what makes it. So often we see shots of tornadoes, for example, and because we have no visual frame of reference we don't realize how large they are.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • nokout3839nokout3839 Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Great shot, Wade.........Nokout....if they are bigger they usually turn into tornados (f3 to 5's are not uncommon...just like in twister) in this part of Ks.
    Aahhh, Kinda hard to make the comparison for me, nothing like this where I am. We get the BIG twisters like this:
    :D

All care but no responsibility

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Wow this is wonderful...The IR with the sky being black is just awesome. Very nice.clap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Whow! That is a tad scary. Yes it is a very cool shot Wadethumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • Wade DWade D Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Seems there were reports of a small tornado just noth of here in Newton and caused thousands of dollars in damage. Very possible it came from this cloud. Strange for this time of year.
  • DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    the weathers been all wonky everywhere I think. Fantastic shot! Havn't seen one like that in quite a while! I also love how you got houses and trees and such in the foreground for scale... clap.gifthumb
    Wade D wrote:
    Seems there were reports of a small tornado just noth of here in Newton and caused thousands of dollars in damage. Very possible it came from this cloud. Strange for this time of year.
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Beautiful scene :): loved the clouds
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery