Simple shot + BW version

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited July 7, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

Recovered from my 2011 files, light was from a mood lamp.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I love this one. Just for kicks, I raised the bottom margin to where no yellow is seen below the tray. I like it that way, too. Either way, it's an impactful image

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Hi Tom, interesting, I was going to post that I wished I had more space in the bottom, but I don’t. Maybe your approach is the solution!

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I like it just how it is. For me, those vertical bars from the stand lead my eyes up an provide a nice contrast to the smooth rounded forms of the glass objects. And I love the gradation of color from light to darker.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I like the shot. And the empty spaces at the bottom.

Red is such a potent color. I'd consider either damping the red or trying black and white. That's all taste.

Thank you Sara and Don.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal....

Beautifully and once again, artistically captured. Very nicely done!

I agree with Don, if you have the inkling, I'd try this image in B&W. Love the red...but...you know me....B&W is my go to.

Ok here is a BW version, I still prefer the color one.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I perceive the B&W version to have more drama and intensity.....appealing in it's own right. Overall, though, I do prefer the color version.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks Tom, I agree with your comment and preference for the color version.