Air Force 2

GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited September 10, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

The Vice President of the United States came for a 2 days visit in Houston. This is the logistic of the trip: 1 C-17 flew from Edwards AFB in VA carrying the motorcade's vehicles and the Secret Service equipment, including the Armory Truck, another C-17 also from Edwards AFB brought the Truck with the Red carpeted stairs. A C-40 (Boeing 737) with CIA staff, 2 C-37 (Gulfstream V) With NSA Director and Space Force General and of course the Air Force 2 plane a C-32 ( Boeing 757) with The VP. Both C-17 left on the same day and a 3rd C-17 came the next day to recover the Motorcade and Secret Service stuff, the Truck with the stairs got loaded on a 18 wheeler trailer and drove back to VA.
Here are some of the shots I took, I hope you will enjoy .

C-17 Arriving at EFD

Air Force 2 Arriving at EFD

One of the 2 C-37 taxing with a full moon

The C-32 Parked on the Ramp after some thunderstorm

Air Force 2 Departing EFD

Air Force 2 Climbing

The C-40 Departing EFD

The C-37 Departing EFD

The Truck with the Stair Departing EFD

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Very nice work. Good array of subjects....nice to see some of the support stuff. Reading your accounting, of what all was involved in pulling this episode off, damned near sickened me. What a waste of resources.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Very nice set.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

First, Third and Fourth are EPIC!
    BRAVO!

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Very nice set.

Thank you

@Stumblebum said:
    First, Third and Fourth are EPIC!
    BRAVO!

Thank you Taz

@black mamba said:
    Very nice work. Good array of subjects....nice to see some of the support stuff. Reading your accounting, of what all was involved in pulling this episode off, damned near sickened me. What a waste of resources.

I feel the same way , especially knowing the fact that at the airport we have the same truck but no red Carpet on it , it works just fine believe me,
    the Indianapolis Colts used it the very next day to get off their 767/400.

I even use it to take picture of the plane ...LOL It worked Great ! :D

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Some very nice images here Gatto!! 👍🏼 👏🏼

Very interesting as well. Your "background notes" add a lot and are very appreciative.

Thank you for sharing these images and providing some of us a look at a piece of aviation we might not otherwise get to see.

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

@El Gato said:
    Some very nice images here Gatto!! 👍🏼 👏🏼

Very interesting as well. Your "background notes" add a lot and are very appreciative.

Thank you for sharing these images and providing some of us a look at a piece of aviation we might not otherwise get to see.

Thank you, I am glad you liked the images and story.

Ciao