Options

model release

snappydsnappyd Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited January 30, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
does anyone know where to find a download of a general model release that is easy to read and fill out, but will protect the photographer:scratch

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2006
    Google is thy friend.............some camera stores used to sell them by the packet.....and a book on photography and the law from you local bookstore.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    legal question
    i hope there is someone in here with some intellectual property experience-

model releases appear absolutely necessary for images that will be sold in in the commercial world,but what about exhibitions?I am having one next month and have e few images with people in them-as it is an art exhibition do the rules still apply?
    snappyd wrote:
    does anyone know where to find a download of a general model release that is easy to read and fill out, but will protect the photographerheadscratch.gif
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Options
    snappydsnappyd Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2006
    i thought there was no problem with photos taken in public places
  • Options
    flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    gtc wrote:
    i hope there is someone in here with some intellectual property experience-

model releases appear absolutely necessary for images that will be sold in in the commercial world,but what about exhibitions?I am having one next month and have e few images with people in them-as it is an art exhibition do the rules still apply?

That should not be a problem. You don't need a model release, as i understand. If you would need a model release, you could not even put these pics online without it.

Someone told me a nice example when you need a model release or not.
    E.g. suppose you sell a book with your pictures.
    If the cover of the book contains someone who is recognizable, you need a model release.
    If a picture of someone is inside the book, you do not need a model release for it.

What i understand from this is that the cover of the book is considered a picture to market and sell the book. The pictures inside are there for artistic reasons.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com