Options

I'm really a macro photographer, so this is something different!

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins

I have the old version of the 55-250m IS lens - which is not the best quality, being one of the early lenses released by Canon [I](circa 2007)[/I].

So by this I would rate this lens a little underwhelming for the new R series (and other mirrored cameras!)

Anyway, seeing as it's the only zoom lens aside from the R10's 18-45mm kit lens that I have, today I took it for a spin around Preston Marina. These are from around the 1.7 mile walk around the dock.

Originally opened by HRH Prince Albert in 1892, the Albert Edward Dock was once a busy ferry port (part of the port that closed in 1981). The overhead crane was constructed in 1958 to lift the 100 ton lock gates, but is used rarely now for the occasional boat lift (never seen or known it lift anything while I have lived here!)

Processing on all these is through LR to a TIFF before finally being reduced and sharpened using a Greg Benz plug-in...

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins

I like the photos of the hooks and the old man.

David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    james18james18 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins

Wow, these are truly impressive shots! The crane shot is simply breathtaking. The play of sunlight on it gives it a dramatic and captivating aura. And the serene view of the boats in the marina is so calming and peaceful.

I must say, your post-processing skills are commendable. The colors are incredibly vibrant, and the overall sharpness of the images is top-notch. You've brought out the best in these photographs!

PathEdits.com - Product Photo Editing

• Options
    Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins

@PhotoDavid78 said:
    I like the photos of the hooks and the old man.

@james18 said:
    Wow, these are truly impressive shots! The crane shot is simply breathtaking. The play of sunlight on it gives it a dramatic and captivating aura. And the serene view of the boats in the marina is so calming and peaceful.

I must say, your post-processing skills are commendable. The colors are incredibly vibrant, and the overall sharpness of the images is top-notch. You've brought out the best in these photographs!

Thank you both very much - I do appreciate the comments and your viewing time.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Big grins
    good set