Options

Website Backup Help Please

FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins

Can anyone please advise the best way to back up my Smugmug website please?

I'm up for renewal and in the current climate, a 30% price increase is quite a bit more than my budget had allowed for so I'll unfortunately have to close the website down. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

We'd be sad to see you go. Did you also see the note on how you may lock in the old price for 2 years by purchasing the 2 year extension prior to your renewal date?

If that doesn't work for you and you're set on leaving, you may use the download gallery tool to download your galleries.

For any further questions on this or anything else, you can always reach us at our HelpDesk

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options

@rainforest1155 said:
    We'd be sad to see you go. Did you also see the note on how you may lock in the old price for 2 years by purchasing the 2 year extension prior to your renewal date?

If that doesn't work for you and you're set on leaving, you may use the download gallery tool to download your galleries.

For any further questions on this or anything else, you can always reach us at our HelpDesk

Thanks for the help Sebastian, really appreciated. It's the locking in for two years that I can't do for personal reasons. 1 year at the old price would be great.

Is there any way I can copy the text on the pages at all, apart from taking a screen shot?

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2022

Might try this.
    The only way I've found is coping the HTML for the gallery. All your text and photo info will be in the there.

I changed a gallery, especially a multi-page gallery to Journal style first so every page is included.
    Settings > Appearance > Gallery Style > Journal > Save

Then using Firefox or other browser with "Inspect" in the right click drop menu.
    Clicking Inspect will bring up a box containing all the HTML.

Depending on where you right click on the gallery the resulting line highlighted will be where you clicked.
    hint: watch page and as you go over each DIV that part of page will highlight.

Scroll up or down and look for this in the code.
    <div class="sm-page-layout-region sm-page-layout-region-body">
    Click to highlight line.
    Right click on line and select "Edit as HTML".

A box will appear with all the HTML for the body.
    Click in box and "select all".
    Copy and paste into notepad.
    Close Inspect box.

All the text, captions, keywords text boxes, photo info will be there.
    Not pretty but you got all the text, etc.

Don't forget to change your style back to original in settings.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
  • Options

Thanks everyone for all the help with this and all the help over the past couple of years too. Really appreciated.