Agony

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited January 31, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This photo bothers me but it captures strong emotion in my mind. I think I'll still pursue "love".

I would like some feedback on this though.

Thanks

Agony
54295810-M.jpg

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    What bothers you? I think it works great.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    EEEE. I'm not sure what I think of it, yes it is emotional, strong, creepy and spooky. Also sort of looks familiar or is reminding me of something back in my pea brain somewherene_nau.gif

Is very much strong emotion
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    I think this is a great starting point. Take a detour though the photoshop forum and I'll bet it can be further intensified.

If you do this, remember to post the closest thing you have to an original to get the best possible help.
    If not now, when?
  • jkelly25jkelly25 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    I like the idea but I think you need to lighten the face a little.

Joe
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Oh yeah! This is strong emotion. The idea is great! It just needs a little more light on everything except the hand. Maybe try a curve layer and mask out the hand. I think the face is more important than the hand anyway.

Or, if you can reshoot, you could put another light on the face. Keep working on it. It really is a good idea.thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Dark Monitor
    I know my monitor's a little dark, but I had to drag this to my desktop, throw it into photoshop and lighten it up to see what was happening. All I saw was a hand...
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Second Version
    Thanks for all the comments. Here is a second version with the face in more light.

Comments?

54554345-L.jpg
  • Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Cool
    It looks good. To me something still is bothing me about it but i'm not sure what. I think i like it more then it bothers me though.

~Joey
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    I like the first one better. It's definitely a "strong emotion" you captured with this shot.

I think what might be missing from the first one is some lighting coming up from the bottom of the frame. That said, I think you were trying to make it look like he is getting "swallowed" by the darkness and is reaching for the light. If so, then a stronger directional light from the top in the same direction as his arm would work better.

Erich