Reading in the sunshine

pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,774 Major grins
edited March 10, 2023 in People

I passed by this gentleman when I was walking around the town of Lier (Belgium). He was totally immersed in his book.

Pieter, aka pegelli
My SmugMug

Comments

• bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins

Nice capture. Do you do a lot of "street" photography?

"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,774 Major grins

@bham said:
    Nice capture. Do you do a lot of "street" photography?

Thanks, I mostly do macro, landscape and architecture. Sometimes I happen upon street photography opportunities (like this one) but usually I'm too shy to really explore it in depth.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins

Gotcha. I know with street you often just have to take what you get in the moment.

I did see one thing that was kinda helpful when doing street if a "subject" catches you taking their photo. Look at the screen and then take another shot a little to the left, right, above or below them, and then look at screen again. They are likely to think you are shooting something around them and not them, and then likely ignore you.

Also sometime you can stay in one spot so long that then people forget or ignore you. I was able to use that in NYC once or twice.

"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me