Options

Zoo Set #2

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

It has been a VERY busy 1st quarter, the daytime job clawing into almost every free moment. I did however manage to carved out some time to work on a few more shots from the zoo. As I mentioned way back in January, I don't normally take photos of animals, however, it was hard to pass up the opportunity. I have a folder filled with yet-to-be processed images from the zoo. The following are what I have been able to work on since my last post in January. Working diligently on the next set. I hope to post them soon. C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Al, this is some stupendous work. Each shot is dynamic in its own way. In #1 the colors and chosen setting jump right out at you....beautiful. The capture and the stare of the critter in #2 is riveting. I hardly know what to say about that third shot. I've seen countless real gators and untold numbers of pictures of them but I've never seen anything that hits you between the eyes like this shot does.

If I remember correctly, these were all shot with your cell phone camera. Kudos to you, my friend. Beautiful work.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Al, this is some stupendous work. Each shot is dynamic in its own way. In #1 the colors and chosen setting jump right out at you....beautiful. The capture and the stare of the critter in #2 is riveting. I hardly know what to say about that third shot. I've seen countless real gators and untold numbers of pictures of them but I've never seen anything that hits you between the eyes like this shot does.

If I remember correctly, these were all shot with your cell phone camera. Kudos to you, my friend. Beautiful work.

I agree with Tom, great shots and processing. Glad to have you back.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom and Cristóbal...

Thank you both for your comments. They are much appreciated.

Working late, I forgot to include the animal names with the photos….

Image #1, is a wood duck, the most colorful North American waterfowl
    Image #2 is a ring-tailed lemur
    Image #3 is the American Alligator

Tom, yes, all the zoo shots, set #1, these and others I hope to post were all taken with my mobile phone. When I have more “spare” time, I will go back and take a few shots with my regular kit and lenses.

Again, thank you both for your comments!