surf photos with 20d...any fix sugg.

vanvan Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 29, 2006 in Finishing School
Aloah from maui
these shots were shot with a 20d/100-400 lens extended with a 1x4 tamron extender...setting include centerpoint focus, av5.6,iso 200-400, shutter 2000, eval metering, +/-1/3 exposure....distance 400yards

Any suggestions with photoshop or other software to fix up...I have elements and PaintShop Pro6 (corel)

Notice on most shots that I have cut out the horizon to improve quality of facial expression...
mahlaos
van

Comments

• vanvan Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    couple more surf shots same day 10am shoot
    couple more shots
  • vanvan Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    last shot same day...from Van
    last shot from Van...how should i fix the camera setting or editing software?
    Mahalo
    Van
  • dandilldandill Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    van wrote:
    last shot from Van...how should i fix the camera setting or editing software?
    Mahalo
    Van
    One thing you might enjoy working with is the scheme described in the thread on chapter 14 of the Margulis book on LAB to bring out detail in water. The specific part of the thread is the post at http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=238350&postcount=10
    Dan Dill

"It is a magical time. I am reluctant to leave. Yet the shooting becomes more difficult, the path back grows black as it is without this last light. I don't do it anymore unless my husband is with me, as I am still afraid of the dark, smile.

This was truly last light, my legs were tired, my husband could no longer read and was anxious to leave, but the magic and I, we lingered........"
    Ginger Jones
  • Mark HornMark Horn Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2006
    Sorry.......Individual channels and channel mixer not available in PS Elements. Margulis LAB discussion not much use for Elements as curves, blend if, Apply image etc etc etc .............not available either. Not sure about the Other editor mentioned.