ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited January 30, 2006 in People
...one more time:

54381759-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 29, 2006
    I think this shot might be more compelling in B&W, John.

I see the intensity you are trying to demonstrate, but find the color not cooperating. B&W might help draw attention to the drama here better. Ya think??:):
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Was the background done in post? Her hat looks wierd.

The subject itself is touching. It seems like she's in denial of maybe dimensia (and he's telling her *again* who he is) or another medical illness that isn't physically affecting.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    I think this shot might be more compelling in B&W, John.

I see the intensity you are trying to demonstrate, but find the color not cooperating. B&W might help draw attention to the drama here better. Ya think??:):

Thanks for the idea. Might need to stew on this one a bit. I like the color of her face a lot; I think it tells a lot of the story: the puffy eyes, the habit of makeup. It's also what I looked at when I worked on the shot, but I see some other stuff might be distracting.

There is a slight blue cast which I decided to leave alone. Maybe if I fixed?
    If not now, when?
    edited January 29, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    Was the background done in post? Her hat looks wierd.

The subject itself is touching. It seems like she's in denial of maybe dimensia (and he's telling her *again* who he is) or another medical illness that isn't physically affecting.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the hat. I retouched a bit around there to clean up the compo. It was quick and dirty to see if I really had something. Now I like the shot and with PF's comment about the color, I think I have the motivation for a second go.
    If not now, when?
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 29, 2006
    I see the pale blue cast in the white sock on his(?) feet, when I clock the pixels, but I do not notice the cast otherwise.

I find the large area of blue jacket distracting - that is why I wondered about B&W. B&W would also allow the background to be less noticeable and the green of the grass would disappear also.

Maybe a closer crop on her face? Does the bench and their feet really add to the shot?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited January 29, 2006
    pathfinder wrote:
    Maybe a closer crop on her face? Does the bench and their feet really add to the shot?

I'll make sure to try a B&W among other things. I tried some crops just now. His body language speaks volumes to me; I think it's at least 1/2 the story.

There is something here that I like a lot, but I don't know if this shot can be fixed to express it. I'll try tomorrow.
    If not now, when?
    edited January 30, 2006
    I posted a new version to the challenge thread here in hopes of getting a few more views and responses.
    If not now, when?
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Suddenly and very unexpected, Bob found himself staring down a shot-gun barrel!

"Aaa hahaha! I'm killing myself! Do you get it, Gertrud? Aaaah hahaha! That story - hahaha - it's so DARN FUNNY!!! Hahahaa! Wanna hear it again? GIGGLE GIGGLE! You don't get the point, do ya, Gerty Girl. C'mon Gertrud... then the man says: no, but I have a... aaahahaha! Ok, I'll take it AGAIN......"

54381759-L.jpg

Nice shot, Rutt!
    edited January 30, 2006
    I love that take on it. I had a different, altogether more depressing idea of what was going on. The same old stupid argument which should have been dropped maybe 30 years ago but which has now taken on a life of its own and will never be done.

But that's such a bummer and your interpretation made me laugh out loud.

Migth need a new title.

"Not Funny"?
    If not now, when?
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Sorry! I just couldn't help it! I have this twisted "Gary Larsonic"-humor. :):
    rutt wrote:
    I love that take on it. I had a different, altogether more depressing idea of what was going on. The same old stupid argument which should have been dropped maybe 30 years ago but which has now taken on a life of its own and will never be done.

But that's such a bummer and your interpretation made me laugh out loud.

Migth need a new title.

"Not Funny"?
    edited January 30, 2006
    No reason to be sorry. It was great.
    If not now, when?