Options

Little shopping carts sitting on images

adphotographyadphotography Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

Hi. The little shopping carts that sit in the top right corner of images in my galleries.

How can I get rid of these please, I'm not keen on them and they're not part of how I'd like my website to look.

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins

The one that says 'Buy Photos'? If you do not have sales enabled, your visitors will not see it, but it is visible to you so you can order prints.

If you go to Gallery Settings > Selling and turn off the Visitor Shopping Cart, you will see this message. Log out of your account and view your site as a visitor to confirm.
    Visitors won't be able to buy. You will still see a button when logged in so that you can order prints yourself.

• Options
    edited February 1, 2024

Thanks for responding. No, these are new ones, I have a CSS to hide all cart icons so you only see one when you select (ie click on) an image, except now it is being overridden. Viewed on my phone there are no additional icons, viewed using a web browser and they're there. See attached image.

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator
    edited February 1, 2024

This is a new feature, announced on January 11, 2024: https://headwayapp.co/smugmug-release-notes/your-photos-just-became-easier-to-buy-283137

If you turn selling off for the gallery the icons will not be shown.

If you are selling your photos but don't want the icon to display - I don't see a setting that will remove it. It might be possible to remove with CSS but someone more skilled with identifying the elements on the screen will need to help.

You might want to reach out to SmugMug Support staff directly, https://www.smugmughelp.com/hc/en-us/articles/18212445326996-Contact-a-SmugMug-Support-Hero#

• Options

Thanks Denise, your suggestion of reaching out to support seems to best option 👍

• Options

Support were really quick at getting back to me, which is much appreciated B)

The CSS they sent me fixes it so I've posted it below in case anyone should require it.

/UPDATE January 2024 - hide the buy icon that appears on top of every thumbnail/
    .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-selection-button {
    display: none;
    }

• Options
    trmkarstrmkars Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    I also wanted those turned off. This worked! Thank you!

If they add the rest of the buy options to that process I will re-enable.

Thanks!