Options

Sad news about JAG

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,926 moderator

Joyce's daughter Julianna sent us this message:

"On February 23rd, 2024, my mom, Joyce has gone home to be with our God. She has been able to celebrate the best birthday party in her honor up in Heaven with Jesus, my dad John, and everyone who has gone on before her. Thank you everyone for being her friends! We will be holding a celebration of life ceremony on March 21st, 2024. We will have a live stream available on Facebook during the ceremony. A public post will be made on Facebook with the details. She loved you guys very much and being able to share her passion in photography with you all brought her great joy."

I am sure you are all aware of the tremendous contributions Joyce made to Dgrin, and especially to the Challenge forums. She was a pleasure to work with and will be sorely missed by all of us.

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator

This is indeed sad news. I am grateful for the energy and creative expertise that Joyce shared with us on Dgrin over the years. She joined in early 2008 and stepped back about a year ago to focus her energies elsewhere. So that's about 15 years in which she was involved with Dgrin in one way or another!

For those who might want to revisit some of JAG's photography - as one way to celebrate her life - here is a link to her photo galleries.

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2024

Very sad news. I will miss her on DGRIN and Facebook. She was always helpful and understanding as a moderator and her humor will be missed as well. RIP Joyce.

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,811 moderator

Thanks, Richard, for relaying the message from Joyce's daughter.

May the love between Joyce and John bind them together, forever. May their Faith give them peace and tranquility.

For the family, those we love can never be more than a thought away; for as long as there’s a memory, they live on in our hearts.

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,780 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2024

Sad news indeed and thanks for passing it on here.
    I wish her family and the Dgrin team all the best coping with her passing and I hope the good memories of her life will soon ovewhelm the grief of her loss.

In case you're interested to read more about Joyce I found her obituary here:
    https://legacyalaska.com/obituaries/Joyce-Martin?obId=30901888

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Joyce was such a treasure in our forum - this is very sad news. My deepest sympathies are extended to her family.

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator

Sad news indeed. Rest in peace.

Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins

Sorry about the news a prayer sent out

Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 739 Major grins

I am so sorry to see this. I always appreciated Joyce's willingness to share her knowledge and love of photography with all of us here on Dgrin. My heartfelt sympathies to her family.

~~Barbara
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2024

Joyce's daughter Julianna let me know that she has posted the details about the service for Joyce later this month. A celebration of life ceremony for Joyce Marie Martin is planned for March 21, 2024 at 6pm AKST. There will be a livestream of the ceremony on Facebook that day.

She adds "Joyce loved each and every one of you dearly. Her passing has left a large hole in all our lives and she will be greatly missed. Our family would like to thank you for all you have done through your support and prayers during this difficult time."

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins

2004 would be hard to attend update the year, but going back would be good for all of us.

Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options

@jwear said:
    2004 would be hard to attend update the year, but going back would be good for all of us.

Corrected, thanks! :)

• Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,947 Major grins

I felt as if she were a friend - so sorry to hear this news.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”