Reflection at Smith College

nightowl66nightowl66 Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited January 31, 2006 in Holy Macro
43236132-L.jpg

This is a reflection off of a goldfish pond. There was the slighest breeze creating a watercolor effect. I enjoy the challenge of capturing a perfect reflection. The colors are richer than the image that of which is on the original object. The crispness is dependent upon how still the air is, but I prefer a ripple in the water.

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2006
    Wow! My first instinct as the picture was loading was that you had applied filters to it in photoshop to give it that rippled effect! Nice shot!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Imagine if it was still ?
    nightowl66 wrote:
    This is a reflection off of a goldfish pond. There was the slighest breeze creating a watercolor effect. I enjoy the challenge of capturing a perfect reflection. The colors are richer than the image that of which is on the original object. The crispness is dependent upon how still the air is, but I prefer a ripple in the water.

That shot looks great even with ripples, but imagine what it would look like on a still day? Very Nice Shot :D ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    lovely shot ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Great shot! Nice bold colors. It would look really good if the water was smooth, but the ripples give it an interesting effect.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • nightowl66nightowl66 Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    Thank you everyone
    I will post a couple of my other reflections for your suggestions

mike
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    very nice
    thats very nice-more please

i am slightly obsessed with reflections and hopefully my exhibition of same starts next week

great shot and the processing really brought up the colours nicely.

once you start looking for reflections you start to see some amazing things that most people don't notice.

greg
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.