Options

Emails from website

arniearnie Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins

I wonder if someone can share with me how to add a button that would allow users to send me emails. This exists on most web sites and I am certain that SM users have the same need? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 675 Major grins

You can use Customize Design mode to insert a button on any page that opens up the "Contact Me" form. That form will let a user send an e-mail to you. No fancy coding necessary.

To do that, go to the page where you want the button, then go into Customize Design mode. From the menu at the right, under "Add Content Blocks", click "Navigation". "Button" is one of the entries on the menu that opens up. It's like adding any other content block. Drag a Button onto the page. Once it's in place, a control menu will open. You can modify all sorts of things, but the important one here is the "Link To" entry. By default, it's set to "Page I Choose" but if you hit the little down arrow button, a submenu comes up from which you can select "Contact Form". Save all that and you have a button that brings up a form that will let the user send you an e-mail.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com