Options

Slideshow elimination

TomLyonsTomLyons Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Anyone else here put out by the ending of the slideshow feature?

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,210 moderator
    edited June 10, 2024

Huh? My slideshows still work. Is this something that has already happened or is there a date when they'll end? Phone or desktop?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins

The slideshow content block and the homepage slideshow are not being ended

The only thing that is being removed is the option to use the slideshow as a gallery style in SmugMug galleries.

You are still welcome to add slideshow content blocks on to your pages and share a slideshow of your galleries on other locations.

If you have any other questions about the slideshow feature and how it pertains to your particular site please feel free to reach out to us at help@smugmug.com.

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator

@Teach said:
    The only thing that is being removed is the option to use the slideshow as a gallery style in SmugMug galleries.

If you have any other questions about the slideshow feature and how it pertains to your particular site please feel free to reach out to us at help@smugmug.com.

Thank you for the clarification!

• Options
    TomLyonsTomLyons Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    After June 30th, will I still be able to produce a captioned slideshow with a link that I can send to others as I do now?
  • Options

@TomLyons said:
    After June 30th, will I still be able to produce a captioned slideshow with a link that I can send to others as I do now?

How are you creating the slideshow?

If it is a gallery locked into slideshow style, per @Teach that won't be supported.
    Her post indicated everything else will continue to work.

To be sure, perhaps you should reach out to SmugMug support at help@smugmug.com.

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins

@denisegoldberg said:

@TomLyons said:

How are you creating the slideshow?

If it is a gallery locked into slideshow style, per @Teach that won't be supported.
    Her post indicated everything else will continue to work.

To be sure, perhaps you should reach out to SmugMug support at help@smugmug.com.

I'm assuming using a gallery for the slide show source will still work?

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options

@Allen said:
    I'm assuming using a gallery for the slide show source will still work?

I believe it will.

According to @Teach the only thing that was eliminated is setting the gallery style to slideshow.