At Voronezh streets

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited January 31, 2006 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
Can't decide where to post these.... At last I think that 'people' are the center of my street photography so...
Voronezh is a city I live in (about 1 mln people live here)
After severe coldness of weather, we now have -6 -10C here...
It'll be better to see some sun, but... as you know such weather is perfect for portraits... and... my street photos...
Here's a scene of street artist and his... "victim"...
I was often asked about what do I do to get "yes" when I ask my unknown 'models' about taking a shot... Look at his face... Who will resist!!!
3608.jpg
3607.jpg
3610.jpg
3609.jpg
Near was a street photographer - must be his friend...
3605.jpg

6 They were times when we thought: Oh! What a good life they must live in US - everyone has a car or even several cars...
Now we have a lot of cars here... I'd say too much...
3615.jpg
7 Fording (sorry for the pun) the street... so to say...
3613.jpg
8 Do you feel that the cold weather has gone?
3614.jpg
9 Waiting for a bus...
3617.jpg

Spasibo for your interest,
Yuri

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2006
    Priviet, dear friends!
    Can't decide where to post these.... At last I think that 'people' are the center of my street photography so...
    Voronezh is a city I live in (about 1 mln people live here)
    After severe coldness of weather, we now have -6 -10C here...
    It'll be better to see some sun, but... as you know such weather is perfect for portraits... and... my street photos...
    Here's a scene of street artist and his... "victim"...
    I was often asked about what do I do to get "yes" when I ask my unknown 'models' about taking a shot... Look at his face... Who will resist!!!

Near was a street photographer - must be his friend...
    6 They were times when we thought: Oh! What a good life they must live in US - everyone has a car or even several cars...
    Now we have a lot of cars here... I'd say too much...

7 Fording (sorry for the pun) the street... so to say...

8 Do you feel that the cold weather has gone?

9 Waiting for a bus...

Spasibo for your interest,
    Yuri
    Great shots all Yuri.. I love getting an "inside look" at your country, the streets, shops etc. Very interesting. The artist looks like a very "alive" man, lots of energy and personality. Lots of fur and sheepskin coats I see. I'd love to see more shots like this. Thanks. Lynn
  • amadeusamadeus Registered Users Posts: 2,125 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    Hello Yuri,

I'd just like to say that these pictures are really great. These and the ones you posted of the yellow church in the other thread, the street scenes in the snow. Fantastic shots. Here in the US we only see Red Square and the Kremlin when we see pictures of Russia. We never get to see busy streets with cars and shops and people. Keep up the good work.

If I may suggest, I think you should do a 4 seasons thread. Keep adding to the same thread, you've already got winter shots, keep showing us more street scenes and everyday life in Russia. I think you'd be surprised how much interest it would generate. And we can watch it progress to spring, summer and fall. The people will stay the same but the clothes and weather will show the change in season.

Again great shots, I always look forward to your threads. I live 60 miles north of New York City in case you wanted a point of reference.

I'm not sure what priviet means but I like that word too!

Priviet to you, and keep these kinds of pictures coming.

Regards,

Amadeus.