Options

*Challenge 21: 'Haulover Pier'

PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
edited September 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
8663604-L.jpg
F3.5 @ 1/2 Sec. ISO 100 22mm Focal Length

Took this one after my workout tonight. I realize there's a potential sunset going on so I understand if it isn't accepted.
Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

Comments

• Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2004
    A Wonderful Photograph.
    8663604-S.jpg

Wow... Very nice... IMHO this one should work.... The "Sunset" (though not really a sunset...) is not really what grabs me... It's the lighting at the end of the pier, the way the path leads you to that light... The contrast of the reddish pier against the Violet-blue sky and the water... The palm tree frames it nicely and then, I love that you caught the cresent moon. A Wonderful Photograph.
    clap.gif
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2004
    Nice. I like it alot. Love the curving forground and the tree. Good eye.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Nice. I like it alot. Love the curving forground and the tree. Good eye.
    Thank you very much. Below is the only other photo that is challenge worthy from my shoot. Thoughts, anyone?
    8723792-L.jpg
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    First one, definitely. Other one is very nice. I just like the first one best, a special lead in in the foreground.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    Perez...

The new image is quite beautiful... Nice colors, the "lobster?" trap, the bride, pilings, ropes and then the lights in the distance... Very nice... However,
    When I look at the two images, one after another, there is no contest... The beauty of the first image, is just so far beyond... It's wonderful. Were this my call, I'd go with the first, hands down!

ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    Isn't it interesting how opinions vary? I prefer the second image, because of the colors and because it has more of a subject, to my mind. The first one is a lovely composition, but I guess I'm missing the payoff- it's an empty walkway. ne_nau.gif The second one I get - it's the light and the lobster trap.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited September 20, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Isn't it interesting how opinions vary? I prefer the second image, because of the colors and because it has more of a subject, to my mind. The first one is a lovely composition, but I guess I'm missing the payoff- it's an empty walkway. ne_nau.gif The second one I get - it's the light and the lobster trap.
    I prefer the lobster trap to the gas pumps also. The light on the trap and in the sky make the image to me.1drink.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin