Channel 57, "Strong Emotion", advise?

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited February 1, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is a rework of an idea I worked on last summer - a somewhat disturbing feel but fits my intent and the challenge theme, I think:

54556400-L.jpg

Probably a title like: Hidden Pain (not necessarily mine! :wink )

EXIF

How bout a little critique prior to my entry. I have to be away for about 10 days so need to enter now if I'm going to
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    Or here's another trial:

54552516-L.jpg
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• LeDudeLeDude Registered Users Posts: 501 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    outstanding submission... i wouldn't change a thing and you look like a front runner to me!

one thing I can't figure... where's the any key?

-leDude
    We are the music-makers; and we are the dreamers of dreams.
    ... come along.
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    LeDude wrote:
    one thing I can't figure... where's the any key?

just paypal me an appropriate sum of money and I'll send you a detailed tutorial on finding the "any key" . . .

54605620-M.jpg
    john w

Edward Steichen

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    John,

I like your first shot better. The perspective, lighting, and the way the black and blue just fade into the background really works.

Erich
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    The first one. It has more detail, if that is the right word, but keeps the effectthumb.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    i'd say the first one,
    it certainly grabbed my attention. very artistic and creative. the color and lighting really sets the mood.
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341