Attempted Wakeboarding

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited February 4, 2006 in Sports
Went out with friends on the weekend to try some wakeboarding photo's.
Here's the results (obviously)

All of these peoples are beginners so no critiquing there technique
54461977-M.jpg

Probably my favourite shot
54463915-M.jpg

In the process of wiping out
54464895-M.jpg

Different wipeout great expression
54481689-M.jpg

Last shot at an attempted wake jump...
54491627-M.jpg

thanks for looking critique away
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Falcon86Falcon86 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 1, 2006
    i think for the most part of wakeboarding, the only way really to get some awesome shots are if the rider is flying 10 feet in the air. nice action in the pictures though.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    Kewl action Mushy thumb.gifthumb.gif

Like you, I really like the 2nd shot clap.gif

So tell the truth, were you drinking beer and laughing your butt off while shooting these?...Laughing.gif Some of the wipeouts must have been a blast to witness :uhoh

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • ButtkickerButtkicker Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Hi Mushy
    I shoot a lot of wakeboarding (in nice weather) which is not often in the UK
    and its a really tough sport to get right, as they move so fast, I do it at a cable ski center from the shore, which is much harder than from a boat
    and most of the shots posted here are not in focus, and would benefit from some cropping
    heres a one of mine from Last summer
    41173658-L.jpg
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    Not a bad attempt no3 is my fav maybe a tighter cropthumb.gif
    edited February 4, 2006
    Buttkicker wrote:
    Hi Mushy
    I shoot a lot of wakeboarding (in nice weather) which is not often in the UK
    and its a really tough sport to get right, as they move so fast, I do it at a cable ski center from the shore, which is much harder than from a boat
    and most of the shots posted here are not in focus, and would benefit from some cropping
    heres a one of mine from Last summer
    41173658-L.jpg

Nice shot
    Ive been to have a look at Rother Valley will probably see you there one weekend, i found out i missed a jet ski comp the other week
    It was good shooting MX with you look forward to shooting with you again some time
    Gary
  • David StevensDavid Stevens Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    Nice shot
    Ive been to have a look at Rother Valley will probably see you there one weekend, i found out i missed a jet ski comp the other week
    It was good shooting MX with you look forward to shooting with you again some time
    Gary

I especially like #4 with the shadow across the boarder's face. Good shots! :):
    David L. Stevens
  • ButtkickerButtkicker Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    Nice shot
    Gary
    Hi Gary
    yep.. was a good day at the MotoX -- I will def be there again this coming summer, and the Jet Ski comps will also be getting attention, along with the Canoe stuff -- where did you shoot those on your website??
    Chris
    edited February 4, 2006
    Buttkicker wrote:
    Hi Gary
    yep.. was a good day at the MotoX -- I will def be there again this coming summer, and the Jet Ski comps will also be getting attention, along with the Canoe stuff -- where did you shoot those on your website??
    Chris

I fancy jetski, Chesterfield has a 14 year old World Jetski Champion Lee Stone, the canoe shots were at Holmepierpont Nation Watersport Centre
    come off the M1 at jct 25 and follow the ringroad towards Nottingham and you will see the signs its about 10 mins from M1