An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited February 1, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hello friends!
Took a stroll today, and the weather was rather gray and dull. I was munching on this apple and it struck me how beautiful it was, it's lovely red and white colors in strong contrast to the gray surrounding. So, I stoped on a bridge and put the apple on the railing and snapped a few pictures
Just wanted to share! :):

Canon 10D, Sigma 70-300 f4.0-f5.6 DG Macro
Exif: 300 mm (macro mode on the lens), 1/320s, f/5.6, ISO 400

54671461-O.jpg

54671458-O.jpg

Comments

• Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    Wow the apple really does contrast nicely, almost like selective coloring but with that natural look to it. I prefer the 2nd shot as the lines lead my eye right to the apple.

Now did you at least wipe off the apple before finishing itrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    Thank you, Eric!
    *Haha* Well actually, when I was done shooting, I gave it a good throw of the bridge, tryin' to snap a final pic of it in the air. Needless to say, that didn't happen! :Drolleyes1.gif

Matty
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    Wow the apple really does contrast nicely, almost like selective coloring but with that natural look to it. I prefer the 2nd shot as the lines lead my eye right to the apple.

Now did you at least wipe off the apple before finishing itrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Eric
  • Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2006
    I love the second shot best. I like being able to see what's around the apple. The first one is very nice, though. I love the bright color of the apple. Really makes it stand out!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    That Works :)
    elfving73 wrote:
    Hello friends!
    Took a stroll today, and the weather was rather gray and dull. I was munching on this apple and it struck me how beautiful it was, it's lovely red and white colors in strong contrast to the gray surrounding. So, I stoped on a bridge and put the apple on the railing and snapped a few pictures
    Just wanted to share! :):

Canon 10D, Sigma 70-300 f4.0-f5.6 DG Macro
    Exif: 300 mm (macro mode on the lens), 1/320s, f/5.6, ISO 400

Ohhh I these shots........ makes you want an Apple don't they :D
    Colours work well for these shots too thumb.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin