Help please! Wish version do ya prefer? [Lars The Ripper]

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited February 1, 2006 in People
Howdy friends!
I'm gonna make a A4 print of this pic today, and I played around with a new version. Wich one do ya prefer?
Thanx in advance / Matty
...............................................................................................................................................................
ATTENTION EVERYBODY! I've printed the "new version" and I'm very happy with the result! Thank you very much for taking your time to give me your viewpoints! You are the best!
...............................................................................................................................................................

New Version:

54728850-O.jpg

First version:

54342387-O.jpg

Comments

• dancorderdancorder Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Nice picture! I prefer the new version, it looks more sinister which I guess is what you were going for, I particulary like the colour in the eye.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    New version, and I don't know why. Might be the eye color. It just pulls me in more.

ginger (good shot, too)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I like the new version as well - the color in his eyes makes him look sinister and evil.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I like the old version. The new one is too gimmicky, to me.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    I like the old version. The new one is too gimmicky, to me.

I agree. I also think it's too obvious. In the new version, the colored eye draws too much attention from the other elements in the picture. In the first version, the eye also draws attention, but it leaves room for the other elements besides it.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • jkelly25jkelly25 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Old version.
    Joe Kelly
    New Jersey
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I prefer the old version. For some reason I notice his "evil" eye more in that one than in the darkened version. Either version is a definite contender for the challenge though. Really good, creepy photo!!

Virginia

Email
  • MelPMelP Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I like the new version better. It has a "darker" feel to it. Also, you can see, I guess it's the victim's reflection in the knife better (unless, my eyes are playing tricks on me this morning)

Mel
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I don't think the color trick is necessary. The original had no problem drawing my eye to his eye. In fact, even in the original, your work on his eye felt a wee bit heavy handed. For me, the color just isn't necessary, feels gadgety.

Trust the photo, the force is with it, Luke.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Old version for me too.. :D
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    New version definately, in this case, less contrasty = more evil.
  • eye-maxeye-max Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    If it's for a poster I would prefer the new Version. if it's for a wall hanger photograph then the Original Version would be my pick. Great picture by the way. It might do well in the current photo contest on Emotions.
    max
  • kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    New version for sure.

The whole image is a little darker, seems to have more detail in the face, especially the nose and cheeks (the nose on the original seemed to light and distracting to me)

I also like the coloring of the eye better in the new version. Whether the coloring is needed I can't tell, but would like to see it without the coloring but bright and sharp like with the coloring.

Gene
  • Whirly1128Whirly1128 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    New version
    I prefer the New version. The detail the darker version gives it more atmosphere/emotion. I think you can see the face in the knife blade a lot easier in the new version as well. The eyes get distorted in the original version, making the person about to be attacked look more like Sloth from the movie The Goonies. ne_nau.gif

-Jamie