I have been experimenting with PP and totally changed the way i do it
do you think they look better ?

54754673-M.jpg

54751401-M.jpg

54754687-M.jpg

Comments

• Gary CoyleGary Coyle Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Gary using Elements theres also a different way to give your images some "pop" Instead of using USM to sharpen images use it to add some localised contrast, try the following settings on image No2 and see how you get on, experiment a little

Amount: 30
    Radius: between 40-50
    Threshold: between 0-5
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Gary Coyle wrote:
    Gary using Elements theres also a different way to give your images some "pop" Instead of using USM to sharpen images use it to add some localised contrast, try the following settings on image No2 and see how you get on, experiment a little

Amount: 30
    Radius: between 40-50
    Threshold: between 0-5

Thanks Gary
    Tried it but decided no good got to up the anti for Sunday, but found this one i like

54879726-M.jpg
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    Gary,
    I don't know what your workflow was on the first ones, but I sure like the other one you posted much better. IMO, the first ones lack contrast. The skintones are flat (and a touch reddish/magenta?) as are the uniforms. Even the pitch looks flat compared to the last pic you posted.

I was hesitant to post this, because I am viewing your pics with my POC work monitor. That was until I saw your last pic. Even on my crappy monitor it looks really nice thumb.gif It has the "pop" that the first series is lacking.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited February 2, 2006
    Gary,
    I don't know what your workflow was on the first ones, but I sure like the other one you posted much better. IMO, the first ones lack contrast. The skintones are flat (and a touch reddish/magenta?) as are the uniforms. Even the pitch looks flat compared to the last pic you posted.

I was hesitant to post this, because I am viewing your pics with my POC work monitor. That was until I saw your last pic. Even on my crappy monitor it looks really nice thumb.gif It has the "pop" that the first series is lacking.

Steve

Thank Steve i see what you meanthumb.gif
    edited February 2, 2006
    Gary,

Steve

Just checked the first 3 are iso 800 and the one you like is iso100 taken at the start of the match
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    gsgary wrote:
    Just checked the first 3 are iso 800 and the one you like is iso100 taken at the start of the match

Gary,
    That explains much of it. You lose lots of pop from ISO100 to 800 :cry So, it's up to you to put da pop back in :D You'll have to do it during post. I played with one of your shots, from the 1st series (I apologize if this offends you). I did a levels layer and used the gray logo on the person getting tackled sock as a gray point (gray point dropper). I thenadjusted the skintones using Kelby's CMYK method. I boosted the color using a Velvia mask at about 40%, applied some more sharpening and used the blur tool on the BG. It looks like the focus was on the person in the background. The blue team player with the black socks with the red, white and blue stripes. He is sharp clap.gif

54751401-M.jpg

medium.jpg

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero