Baptism: Awe some, just awesome

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 2, 2006 in People
I have this series I decided to do from last Sunday's baptism I shot. They only want one standard photo, but I worked up others. No one to share them with, so I am sharing with you! Comments, good, bad, apathetic, whatever............. or just stopping, glad you did. ginger

54760196-L.jpg

Below: a girl has to get dressed!

54759095-M.jpg

54759104-L.jpg

The Hangers ons, or whatever they are called.

54759082-L.jpg

What they had been doing: playing with the votive candles:
(I sit right by the candles, in front of the lectern, first row)

54759084-L.jpg

Things are "heating up". Here comes The Man:

54759088-M.jpg

arrangements are made:

54759093-M.jpg

The Picture is taken of the parents and the baby, then I am out of there......

54760183-L.jpg

That is all they want, total, and taken right there, exactly. I consider it good if I get the candle in. Father Mac lit it, but something must have happened.

I know the baby is soft here...............I plan on putting it on the Whipping thing.

Thanks for looking, smile,

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I really like the first one (awesome, just awesome) and the altar boys picture. In the altar boys picture I like the kid in front being OOF while looking off to the right... It might have looked funny if he was looking at the camera and still OOF, but because he's looking away it looks great. And I like the imbalance of the darker right side of the frame with the glowing windows in the background, and then the well lit altar boys crammed more to the left / center. I wish the boy in back had a little more light on his face, but that's the only nit-pick I have for that photo. I think it's awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Hi Ginger. That first one is my favorite of any of the church pictures you've posted. I call feel the Joy being expressed.

It might be nice if the center altar boy was in a slightly different place. But the shot stands above that... even the baby is smiling.

Just great! clap.gif
    Chris
  • MelPMelP Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Hi Ginger,
    I really enjoy the first one. The expression on the baby's face is too cute.

Awesome pictures,
    Mel
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Thanks, Greg, Chris and Mel.

I am debating about using the first one for the challenge. It is photojournalism, though, which is not simple or "clean". As is pointed out, I do have the back of one head. I took as many shots as I could just trying to get the baby's head in the shot, not blocked by anyone else. I got about 10 or so shots off, before it all fell apart, I mean the people scattered. And I have about 2 shots of the baby's head, it was a gamble that paid off.

I did it in black and white so the emotions would show rather than a large mix of colors.

I don't know. I probably will put it on the challenge. It is that or my dog. I have lots of good shots of my dog, but I have never gotten such good shots at a baptism, not ever. Everyone was happy, tolerant of me, and the altar boys were there...............it was just a good opportunity for photos and somehow a few of them worked.

Thank you,

ginger (I am really only there to take the one standard photo. They will use no others as it might show favoritism. There is not that much room for me to move around without getting in the way of the people there, so I really do not usually get such a good opportunity.)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 1, 2006
    pretty neat pics--

thanks for sharing, ginger-

george
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    I think you captured the moment. Baptisms are such great events.

48093648-M.jpg

One of my favorite baptism photos.

Lee
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    My Lee, you certainly did capture the ceremony. Then you worked it up well.

Very good! Thanks for sharing that, stopping, commenting, etc.

ginger