Options

Ocean, Beach, People and Dogs

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited September 21, 2004 in People
By ten o'clock, on Sullivan's Island, all dogs must be off the beach. These pictures were taken between 9 and 10 this morning. They were taken with my Canon Elph 100 ISO, WB sun, EC 0. No tripod, and I shot a lot. I particularly like this first one. I will put others up as I get them, but this one, hehe, I can use it without a release, can't I? Silhouettes! Older boy with his dogs: All photography by ginger.

8736341-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 19, 2004
    More Sand, Ocean, people and dogs
    These are my dogs, Katie, the Yorkie, Merry Chapel and Skye, the Corgis. They always want to be with me, and they worry a lot (probably picked it up from me), so Bill, my husband and principal dog walker, well, he can get confused when I am around. Here the Yorkie has "popped" her leash and is heading back to me, the others would like to. OK, that is my fun for the day.
    All photos don't have to be serious, do they?

8736320-M.jpg

8736332-M.jpg

8736262-M.jpg

We met some other Corgis

8736297-M.jpg

One of THEIR Corgis decided to take out a pit bull, Staffordshire, or whatever, anyway, the Corgi is not dangerous and the owners were very upset.

8736309-M.jpg

An unexpectedly large wave

8736276-M.jpg

And I forgot Katie, the dog of many lives, I am embarrassed but glad she made it.

8736281-M.jpg

(She looks a mite upset, doesn't she, by her "walk".)

Interesting person shot, two actually, I don't know which I like best:

8736285-M.jpg

8736288-M.jpg

A house I liked, with the fence, erosion and all:

8736290-M.jpg

You know it takes a lot of time to clean these beaches up, smile.

My favorite shot of my Corgis. I don't know if I should clean this beach up, too, or if it is a part of the shot:

8736269-M.jpg

All photography by ginger, with a Canon Elph, unfortunately all daytime shots, too.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    i'm jealous of where you live :D great photo ops on the beach there, sweet light, people, animals, what else could you ask for?

nice work.
  • Options
    andy wrote:
    i'm jealous of where you live :D great photo ops on the beach there, sweet light, people, animals, what else could you ask for?

nice work.
    Thanks, Andy. I have enjoyed the beach this year more than ever before, except maybe the first year, 1984/5. The reason is this group and the Challenges, it has gotten me and the dogs to the beach. I go other places, too.

Usually, I have a picture from an excursion that I can put up for a Challenge, I go and I shoot that way. This time, it was just to take the dogs, but, of course I took a camera. We were later than usual, so there were more dogs, they became subjects, of course.

I hope to never leave this place. I am not quite sure how to put that to the god that pulls my strings. I prayed for years that I would not lose my church, I meant that I would not have to move away or stop going.

The church is still there, but last December the whole church changed, and I essentially lost it, in my mind. So these things need to be carefully phrased.

But I am fortunate in where I live. It took me a long time to know that. I grew up in Michigan, kind of hilly, cider mills, falling leaves, gorgeous autumns. The low country was foreign to me. I could not even photograph it, though I enjoyed others photographs, often taken from helicopters, Laughing.gif.

Thanks to this group, I am learning to photograph a place I have come to love.

But please don't tell the gods that, not until I figure out the exact wording of my request that I not lose it.

Smile.

Thanks for looking,
    ginger

Drop by long enough for us to photograph the creek, together.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    ginger_55 wrote:
    These are my dogs, Katie, the Yorkie, Merry Chapel and Skye, the Corgis. They always want to be with me, and they worry a lot (probably picked it up from me), so Bill, my husband and principal dog walker, well, he can get confused when I am around. Here the Yorkie has "popped" her leash and is heading back to me, the others would like to. OK, that is my fun for the day.
    All photos don't have to be serious, do they?

We met some other Corgis

One of THEIR Corgis decided to take out a pit bull, Staffordshire, or whatever, anyway, the Corgi is not dangerous and the owners were very upset.

An unexpectedly large wave

And I forgot Katie, the dog of many lives, I am embarrassed but glad she made it.

(She looks a mite upset, doesn't she, by her "walk".)

Interesting person shot, two actually, I don't know which I like best:

A house I liked, with the fence, erosion and all:

You know it takes a lot of time to clean these beaches up, smile.

My favorite shot of my Corgis. I don't know if I should clean this beach up, too, or if it is a part of the shot:

8736269-M.jpg

All photography by ginger, with a Canon Elph, unfortunately all daytime shots, too.
    I love your doggie pictures Ginger... specially this one.. it's my favorite of the group. They are soooo photogenic...
    Lynn
  • Options
    lynnma wrote:
    I love your doggie pictures Ginger... specially this one.. it's my favorite of the group. They are soooo photogenic...
    Lynn
    Thanks for commenting, and I am glad your favorite is that last shot, too. I have some dog shots, like the silhouettes, that I like as well, or they are different, but that shot of my dogs, well it is about as good as I think I could have done with them.

Would you believe that my husband would not let them go up in the dunes again. I guess they are not allowed up there, but geez. I was so lucky, especially with this Elph and the time delay. You know these little cameras take their own action shots, they are never mine, lol.

So this was the one and only, and I love it! Merry Chapel looks like she is sliding.

I took some more shots this afternoon, now that it doesn't have to be dark. But the poor dogs were home in their crates. I was out anyway for a doctor appt, so went to a waterfront park downtown. Ran out of memory. Didn't take any big cards, never have needed them before with this camera.

Here is hoping they upload.

Ginger
  • Options
    I should take them back there with a wreath with a red bow and use it for a christmas card, just an idea..................and without my law abiding husband with me. He really is, law abiding.

I, of course, see what I can bend, when necessary.

g
  • Options
    I don't have to take them back do it? I can just put a wreath in there, give me a project. It is something I don't know how to do that everyone else does, take things out of pictures and move them to another picture.

ginger
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    Great shots Ginger! They don't let dogs on our beach anymore thanks to a few lazy dog owners. Oh well... Shih Tzu's hate water more than cats anyway.

Since we were on the subject of Dogs... Our Shih-Tzu, Millie...

6605550-M.jpg
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    Some more I dug up.

Mille and Darla...

7690354-M.jpg

Millie Close-up...

3850171-M.jpg

Darla protecting a McLaren F1...

2481306-M.jpg

Darla (Millie in the background in the cage)...

2483236-M.jpg

Cross-eyed Millie (As a pup.)

2519000-M.jpg
  • Options
    safaricat70safaricat70 Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    This is my my favorite! Grrrrrrrrr! I love it when little dogs think they're big brutes! - Steph

8736309-M.jpg
  • Options
    mynakedsodamynakedsoda Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2004
    The Corgis are beautiful! I just recently got interested them because (of all things) a anime series I've been watching called Cowboy BeBop. One of the characters is a data dog (still haven't figured out what that is) named Ein that is a Corgi. I've even got a stuffed one for my son off of eBay. :D

My dogs, Bear and Shorty.
    5247156-M.jpg