Strong Emotion? ginger

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 3, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
54760193-L.jpg

I thought this was strong emotion, but two friends (one my very own daughter) have told me this was not emotion to say the least of strong emotion?

What do you all think?

I went to the Thesaurus and came up with words like Celebrating, rejoicing, happiness.............

Well, if I can't get a title, I am in trouble.

I was calling it AWE some, but then strong emotion, maybe awe isn't a strong emotion??????

I am confused on this. I have disagreed with some who have said things were not a strong emotion of their own. Now I am really confused......

Please weigh in on this. You know I have entered that dog with bill and popcorn. I will take it out, dogs never get picked. But the more I looked at this......................well, I am confused!

Please,

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I do see very real emotions. Joy. Pride (the good kind). The picture of Bill, the dog and popcorn arouses empathic emotions in me but does not really show them. This picture shows emotion overtly and I smile because everyone seems so happy. Just my 2 cents worth.

Virginia

Email
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    I feel it...
    But I have a lot of emotion and feelings for religious activities. I think it goes back to a comment you made earlier in this challenge on another thread...Strong emotions are individually interpreted at different intensities.

I personally like it more than your current entry but I may be a minority in this feeling.

Nice shot.thumb.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Gosh, I thought there were strong emotions here, as strong as one tends to find in public anyway.

But my friend and both my daughters said there were no strong emotions. Thank you for your feedback. Maybe I can just swap the two photos.

It was at the baptism, it occurred to me that maybe it was not obvious that it was a baptism. I can put it in the title.

Baptismal Joy, or something like that.

Thanks again,

ginger

Uh, I didn't say that, I don't think, about experiencing in different intensities, but it certainly is a true statement, I would think. Our life experiences would shape how we would experience or interpret what we see.

Religion can be good and bad that way.
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Gosh, I thought there were strong emotions here, as strong as one tends to find in public anyway.

But my friend and both my daughters said there were no strong emotions. Thank you for your feedback. Maybe I can just swap the two photos.

It was at the baptism, it occurred to me that maybe it was not obvious that it was a baptism. I can put it in the title.

Baptismal Joy, or something like that.

Thanks again,

ginger

Uh, I didn't say that, I don't think, about experiencing in different intensities, but it certainly is a true statement, I would think. Our life experiences would shape how we would experience or interpret what we see.

Religion can be good and bad that way.

Ginger, I prefer it to the one of the Dog. It definitely says Pride to me. Maybe Joy & Awe too.

Nicola
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
    edited February 2, 2006
    Thank you Nicola! I named it "Joyous Christening" and posted it last night.

I had an aweful lot going on yesterday, and suddenly not just a lot was going on, but it was all going on at once, even the bells on AOL were going off with each "urgent" mail delivery..............and they all were (urgent).

Stayed up almost all night, too tired for much emotion right now..

But nice words are always easy to take, thank you for liking that photo better than the one of Bill and MC, and at least I did manage to get that one off the challenge. (that was a challenge itself)

smile,

ginger
    edited February 2, 2006
    A comment on the blk and white conversion. As before I tried to follow Andy's instructions. I did not color it, by choice.

But the baby's eyes!!! I must say that lasso thing really brought them out, not that they weren't all there before. But now, well, it is a good technique.

You have to watch it though. I used it on both the baby and the mother. That just did not enhance the photograph. One or the other, but not both.
    I chose the baby, and I cannot stop noticing how nicely it worked.

Thanks, Andy!

ginger
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    A comment on the blk and white conversion. As before I tried to follow Andy's instructions. I did not color it, by choice.

But the baby's eyes!!! I must say that lasso thing really brought them out, not that they weren't all there before. But now, well, it is a good technique.

You have to watch it though. I used it on both the baby and the mother. That just did not enhance the photograph. One or the other, but not both.
    I chose the baby, and I cannot stop noticing how nicely it worked.

Thanks, Andy!

ginger

Hi Ginger,
    I love this one. I think it shows strong emotion. The lady is proud and happy. The altar boys are delighted in the baby.
    I think you did a fine job on the B&W. A very nice entry indeed. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited February 3, 2006
    Thanks, Snappy.................. I think this, of all things, is the most controversial photo I have ever done.

I love it! And funny, I thought of you today, because it reminds me of that outddoor shot at the mall. The one you and some others liked so well, and I entered something else. I think the mall shot was "what a beautiful world", a song title. It was summer and a happy man was carrying a baby.

Well, this one reminds me of that and since you liked that one so much, I thought you might like this one. I certainly really do.

But my good friend in the dog group who also belongs here and was/is a pro photographer, she didn't like it, said it didn't show emotion and she would not enter an inferior shot for the subject of emotion. And my daughters agreed with her!

I thought about it a bit, and decided that I like it, so I entered it!!! Don't they keep saying something about "what matters is if we like our shots".
    On one hand they are judged and we are supposed to be learning how to tell our good shots, and on the other hand we are told that our good shots are the ones we like. So, I just went ahead and entered it!

But it has sure been controversial. I am so glad you like it, I do too!

I got off about 8 shots or so of that particular happening there, and the baby could only be seen, without being blocked by an altar boy, in two shots. I thought I kind of lucked out all around there.

Thanks for looking, Snappy, I am glad you did. I have been thinking about you!

ginger