Options

an old style hand coloured sepia?

eye-maxeye-max Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited February 4, 2006 in People
I liked the serenity of the look, in my mind I saw it as an old style hand coloured sepia. Comments welcomed
Work Flow
  • shot in raw
  • Converted to lab colour. Adjusted A & B channels for pop, sharpened lightness channel.
  • Converted to RGB made a copy & converted to sepia using an action, Johny's B&W Package V2.0.
  • Copied RGB colour version & pasted into new file. Copied Sepia and pasted it as top layer. Erased portions of top layer to reveal lips, eyes, cheeks, etc.
  • Merged layers then copied layer. Applied Gaussian blur to bottom layer. Switched top layer to multiply and reduced opacity to 92%.
54783070-M.jpg
max

Comments

• Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    depends what you were after.
    If you wanted 'ghostly', you've done very well.
    If not, I think you've overdone it - it's too dark.

It's a nice distant expression she has. Calm.
    eye-max wrote:
    I liked the serenity of the look, in my mind I saw it as an old style hand coloured sepia. Comments welcomed
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 3, 2006
    Max,
    I'm with Adrian on this one. She has such mature beauty and looks to have beautiful blue eyes. I feel saddened that I couldn't better make those features out. This is definitely a keeper image thumb.gif But, I would love to see more of the subject's beauty without having to commit to laser eye surgery....Laughing.gif Too dark my friend ne_nau.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    I don't know if the looks is an old style hand coloured sepia, my first impression is old master oil painting - or somewhat of a Dragon style.
    I like the overall look you got with this. Agree it's a keeper.