Options

Epson R1800 - WOW!!!!

gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
edited February 16, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
I just did my first prints off my new R1800. Just wonderful quality. Thanks to Andy and others for helping me with my decision. I have used an Epson 1270 for years and been quite happy with it.

I have received, but not yet installed my CIS from InkRepublic (my 1270 had a CIS from Ink Supply.com). I am hoping that this will also be a "winner". I don't see how you can print large numbers of prints and not go to a CIS.

I have been using an F-828 for quite awhile and have just started using my new Canon 20D. The 20D with the new printer are looking to be everything I hoped. BTW - the printer and the CIS were my birthday gift from my girlfriend. How do you top that?

regards,

Gary

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Well, she could buy you a motorcycle.

lol3.gif

Congratulations, sounds like you're a happy camper.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 2, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Well, she could buy you a motorcycle.

lol3.gif

Congratulations, sounds like you're a happy camper.

When I turned 40 (I'm 59 this very day) my ex bought me a 750 Ninja (still in the garage). This only happens once in a life-time. And only if you are very, very good.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    Happy Birthday Gary
    :bday drums.gifbeer.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited February 3, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    :bday drums.gifbeer.gif
    David,

Thanks very much! My friends think I am younger than I am...they say it is due to my immaturity.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2006
    Congrats! (Just saw this thread).

What's a CIS?

And for someone like me, who doesn't print for a living (though I could offer that), is it more expensive to get a printer like this or to have someone else print for you?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2006
    JohnR wrote:

What's a CIS?

And for someone like me, who doesn't print for a living (though I could offer that), is it more expensive to get a printer like this or to have someone else print for you?

Personally I found that if I shoot enought to make good money....I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME to do the printing.....Now if someone is wanting a print from me that is signed and all....then if I had a great epson printer I would print it and charge for it also.

I currently use smugmug and a local pro printer for my signed prints.
    I do not make a much profit as I could by going this route but it leaves me time to do what I love....SHOOT.

and time for that which I do not love.....post processing....I still find it tedious.

hope this helps.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    JohnR wrote:

What's a CIS?

Prints are cheaper from a lab. You will be surprised by the at-home print cost even if you don't count tweak-shots.

I have never been able to keep up with the cost but others have submitted estimates of around $0.04/square-inch for home printing (many-many-many variables).
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"