HELP! I've got problems

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited February 2, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
For some reason, I've come up with a couple of ideas that just might work. But now I can't decide which one is a "Challenge Worthy" entry. Please help. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

1) Agony
54804864-L.jpg

2) A Mother's Touch
54804444-L.jpg

3) Looks Like a Root Canal
54803087-L.jpg

4) Pensive
54252756-L.jpg

Comments

• kudbegudkudbegud Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    the first one for sure...but if it was me, i'd tone down the red a little...not a lot, just so its not so bright Laughing.gif
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    Root Canal
    Strikes sheer terror, so it evokes a strong emotion in me...
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 1, 2006
    1) dig it. noisy, crunchy, and STRONG! I could do without the added mist or fog though.

2) soft, like a cloud. maybe too much so. definitely doesn't fit in with your other ones.

3) hmm, I've seen this one before. Several challenges ago in the "first person" challenge. I'll let you dig it up yourself (hint: our head honcho himself took almost the exact same photo). I think there will be a few others who will see this less as a strong emotion and more as a first person experience.

4) technically not a great shot, lots of blown out highlights, could work except for the sweater - thats a bit over for me. also not really as strong.

so for me, I like 1. It's good and strong, even if a bit foggy thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    3) hmm, I've seen this one before. Several challenges ago in the "first person" challenge. I'll let you dig it up yourself (hint: our head honcho himself took almost the exact same photo). I think there will be a few others who will see this less as a strong emotion and more as a first person experience.

Great memory! Dec 2004 challenge. Thanks for the heads up. That one was before my time.

Thanks for the feedback on the other photos as well.
    edited February 1, 2006
    I agree...
    Dee wrote:
    Strikes sheer terror, so it evokes a strong emotion in me...

I took my camera to the dentist today and begged to take a shot after my cleaning...Bad news was a deep cavity with the potential for a "ROOT CANAL!!!"

Should have gone to seen him sooner....ne_nau.gif
    edited February 1, 2006
    kudbegud wrote:
    the first one for sure...but if it was me, i'd tone down the red a little...not a lot, just so its not so bright Laughing.gif

Thanks for your input and feedback.:D
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    shatch wrote:
    I took my camera to the dentist today and begged to take a shot after my cleaning...Bad news was a deep cavity with the potential for a "ROOT CANAL!!!"

Should have gone to seen him sooner....ne_nau.gif

The dentist one says Terror to me!rolleyes1.gif I'm of to the dentist today too! Not a happy bunny:cry lol

Nicola
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai