it's hard to believe that this baby

325506-L-1.jpg

this toddler

325507-L-1.jpg

and this little boy

326761-L-1.jpg

turns into this grown man:

8749887-O.jpg

we went to a car show down by the hudson river today, and he wanted me to take a "cool shot, dad" of him in one of the classic cars. he's giving it to his girlfriend.

shot with my canon 20d, 16-35L f/2.8 aboard. shot in raw, developed two exposures, one for the sky and one for the rest. blended in post.

enjoy (watching your kids grow up) photography,

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2004
    andy wrote:
    he's my eldest son, nearly 18.

it's hard to believe that this baby

325506-L-1.jpg

this toddler

325507-L-1.jpg

and this little boy

326761-L-1.jpg

turns into this grown man:

8749887-O.jpg

we went to a car show down by the hudson river today, and he wanted me to take a "cool shot, dad" of him in one of the classic cars. he's giving it to his girlfriend.

shot with my canon 20d, 16-35L f/2.8 aboard. shot in raw, developed two exposures, one for the sky and one for the rest. blended in post.

enjoy (watching your kids grow up) photography,
    He's gorgeous! and I love the kid shots.. yep.. they do grow up fast..he must be pleased with his shot..
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    Wow, I have 10 years left for my first to hit 18, I hope it doesn't go too fast.

So, you were more "scruffy" back in the mid-80's huh? Not a bad look for you, chicks dig that! mwink.gif

That's a great shot of your 18 year old but the perfect finish on the car threw me, because I was wondering what that wheel was doing under his arm. My car isn't quite that shiny, so it took me a sec. to figure it out...
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Andy, that is a great photo tribute to your son and a great thing to share it with us.

I loved seeing the pictures of you. I do wonder and have at least one question, are you bare nekkid, too, or do you have a suit on in the photo in the lake?

Also, have you noticed how they change in looks. I mean, he looked just like you, a miniature Andy, and your youngest son does, too. I have learned in my family that can just be a stage. I swear at least one of my kids has looked just like me, then just like "him", then just like her and him, then back to me again. She is 35 now, or around that.

Your son is a handsome young man, about my grandson's age, but he does not look like I would have expected from his younger pictures.

Thanks for sharing,
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    ginger, are you hitting on me?
    iloveyou.gif

ginger, dear -- sorry to disappoint you but even if you subject that lake photo to extreme levels adjustment, you'll find that i was wearing a bathing suit :D

thanks for the kind words i really appreciate it!

ginger_55 wrote:
    Andy, that is a great photo tribute to your son and a great thing to share it with us.

I loved seeing the pictures of you. I do wonder and have at least one question, are you bare nekkid, too, or do you have a suit on in the photo in the lake?

Also, have you noticed how they change in looks. I mean, he looked just like you, a miniature Andy, and your youngest son does, too. I have learned in my family that can just be a stage. I swear at least one of my kids has looked just like me, then just like "him", then just like her and him, then back to me again. She is 35 now, or around that.

Your son is a handsome young man, about my grandson's age, but he does not look like I would have expected from his younger pictures.

Thanks for sharing,
    ginger
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    thanks lynn and dj ..
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Wow, I have 10 years left for my first to hit 18, I hope it doesn't go too fast.

So, you were more "scruffy" back in the mid-80's huh? Not a bad look for you, chicks dig that! mwink.gif

That's a great shot of your 18 year old but the perfect finish on the car threw me, because I was wondering what that wheel was doing under his arm. My car isn't quite that shiny, so it took me a sec. to figure it out...

appreciate the comments :D

yeah the car's shiny. i thought about cloning the wheel reflection, but ....

sigh