me, ginger, by bill

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 3, 2006 in People
54839950-L.jpg

I only directed, acted and did the post! That is all.................it is still Bill's work isn't it. He would win the photographer emmy, all I could get would be the actress, director, producer, special effects and maybe some art direction, out of this group of shots!

ginger (a gift from Bill)
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

I only directed, acted and did the post! That is all.................it is still Bill's work isn't it. He would win the photographer emmy, all I could get would be the actress, director, producer, special effects and maybe some art direction, out of this group of shots!

I like it Ginge.. looked at it for a long time. He did good!thumb.gif
    p.s. you let your hair grow long :D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    lynnma wrote:
    I like it Ginge.. looked at it for a long time. He did good!thumb.gif
    p.s. you let your hair grow long :D

Thanks, Lynn. Yes, I am now, on the other site, the Crabby Creek Lady.
    That type person would let their hair grow!

It all started with the idea of the 45.00 that I save monthly. If I live long enough, I will save bunches. Really, it is enough to buy some printer ink, just those things that one really wants.

I don't care about my hair. I plan to put it in a braid. You know the book re "When I Get Old, I Am Going To Wear Purple", well I prefer blue, but I am not going to mess with putting out good money on my hair. 66 yrs, you know, old enough for tennis shoes, jeans and long hair, or not, smile. My mother would roll over in her grave!

This is true Women's lib.................right back to the beginning, I guess.

And I don't think it looks as bad as everyone in my family predicted. That was really the reason for the photo. My hair was clean, I had a photographer with me, and let's record this thing. So I went to the windiest close by spot and had Bill shoot.

Thanks for stopping and commenting, Lynn,

ginger
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Ginger's a babe iloveyou.gif
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    I noticed that great babe avatar. Maybe Bill will come shoot me. I need a good shot and believe me, it's a challenge.
    If not now, when?
    edited February 2, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    I noticed that great babe avatar. Maybe Bill will come shoot me. I need a good shot and believe me, it's a challenge.

:nah you're not so hard to shoot
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    54839950-M.jpg

You're looking good, girl!!thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited February 2, 2006
    Yes, Rutt, Andy DID get an excellent shot of you!

I was the producer, director, and the actress in those shots. I chose the location. Pretty much total creative control there.

So, see, Rutt, you do need Bill, he can shoot and he is taller than I am, very important. But for the other stuff, you need me, too.

And we would have to stay until you totally loosened up for the camera.
    (Could we do your daughter, too?)

Bill would say thanks, I am sure,

ginger (I still like what that photo did at Christmas for you all, too. And I tried copying Andy's technique of shooting you on the stairs, but with Bill. I did something wrong. Have to tweak my technique on that.)
    edited February 2, 2006
    Thanks, Andy,

Thanks, Pathfinder,

I was feeling good!!!

ginger (Crabby Creek Lady)
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    Hair
    My hubby trims my hair! Has been for years. Since it doesn't curl it's easy to keep trimmed. I've only had my hair short once or twice... I hate going to the beauty shop! Never mind the expense...
    edited February 2, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    My hubby trims my hair! Has been for years. Since it doesn't curl it's easy to keep trimmed. I've only had my hair short once or twice... I hate going to the beauty shop! Never mind the expense...

Hi, Dee, maybe it is a "photographer" thing.................the creative spark and all!

I would love to meet you............maybe when I turn 70, I can go to one of those get togethers: maybe by then it will be on the east coast somewhere.

ginger
    edited February 2, 2006
    Dee wrote:

Dee's a babe, too iloveyou.gif

And, a hippie from SF by way of Long Island!
    edited February 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:

I am sure that Dee is a babe.........(don't tell any one, but I have hips, too)

But I was so proud of the babe thing and all, I put it under my photo.

Hey, we can all be babe's, some of us, anyway! (the women and girls, and Johno's kids)

ginger
    edited February 2, 2006
    I was never a hippie!
    Andy wrote:

Why does everyone think I was a hippie -- I'm an introvert! Not a "joiner." I like to do my own thing -- not what all the hippies were doing. I've never done drugs, never mind free love...

I consider my self a free spirit, artistic (therefore a little odd) but not a hippie.

Hippies weren't free spirits they were group led -- peer pressure. They all dressed the same, wore their hair the same. Listened to the same music...

I was married at 18 -- so I was an old married lady, and had no time to be running off joining communes! Or trying out drugs, or even going to Woodstock.

Geesh!

My friend, now she was a semi-hippie. She and her boyfriend went to Woodstock, they got a van and converted it. She joined marches... I was at home with hubby and working!

I'll accept an artistic free spirit -- but I was never a hippie!:):

As for the babe part, I need to dig up some old photos!
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 2, 2006
    I like it Ging thumb.gifthumb.gif Awwww don't give Bill all the credit. There's no pics without the star of the show mwink.gif

I like the one with your eyes open the best. Sort of like "I was blind, but now I can see".....lol You weren't singing Amazing Grace while he was shooting were you? lol3.gif

Your avatar pic looks it was taken at the same place and around the same time. That's also very nice clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited February 2, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    but I was never a hippie!:):

The way you knew your way around Haight-Ashbury I just figured... lol3.gif
    edited February 3, 2006
    Like getting lost?
    Andy wrote:
    The way you knew your way around Haight-Ashbury I just figured... lol3.gif

Man that was like my most embarassing time, trying to show you around San Francisco. We kept getting lost! That's about the 5th time I've ever been to Haight-Ashbury. My semi-hippie friend showed me around before we moved out here, and I was maybe in the area 3 times before you came out. I figured it might still be photo worthy, especially for street photography. It's actually more run down than I remembered.
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:

I don't care about my hair. I plan to put it in a braid. You know the book re "When I Get Old, I Am Going To Wear Purple", well I prefer blue, but I am not going to mess with putting out good money on my hair. 66 yrs, you know, old enough for tennis shoes, jeans and long hair, or not, smile. My mother would roll over in her grave!

This is true Women's lib.................right back to the beginning, I guess.

ginger

ginger, i love that poem. i had it on my wall but when we moved 5 years ago i misplaced it. i should get it out again, since i am definitely older.

i love your long hair, i wish mine wasn't so thin.....i want to do the same thing. i am the opinionated old lady in the corner office, and i am happy to be myself. good for you.

nice shots, be proud. :)
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    ginger, you ARE a beautiful crazy creek babe!
    nod.gif Hope I look as good as you in a few years!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341